Screen using 66-82% of battery?

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Is this normal? Screen is always at 50-60% brightness or lower (full brightness hurts my eyes). Just curious because I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Sent from my VZW S4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is this normal? Screen is always at 50-60% brightness or lower (full brightness hurts my eyes). Just curious because I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Sent from my VZW S4
Post a screenshot of the battery stats. Although it sounds high, it depends how long the screen is on (time) related to what else is using battery. Are you seeing unusual battery usage?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my VZW S4

The screen is big, and it takes a lot of power to light it up. Also keep in mind that whenever you go into the battery stats, that percentage is off of what you have used. So, if you are at 50%, and your screen brightness is 50%, really 25% of total power is from your screen.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Post a screenshot of the battery stats. Although it sounds high, it depends how long the screen is on (time) related to what else is using battery. Are you seeing unusual battery usage?

It does seem like battery is draining fast. I did a factory reset tonight so I'm hoping it helps? Just got phone yesterday after exchanging it with a different phone. So hoping this is not an issue.

The screen is big, and it takes a lot of power to light it up. Also keep in mind that whenever you go into the battery stats, that percentage is off of what you have used. So, if you are at 50%, and your screen brightness is 50%, really 25% of total power is from your screen.

Ahhh didn't know that. Thank you! It makes it seem better knowing that lol
eseby6y9.jpg

Sent from my VZW S4

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It does seem like battery is draining fast. I did a factory reset tonight so I'm hoping it helps? Just got phone yesterday after exchanging it with a different phone. So hoping this is not an issue.

Ahhh didn't know that. Thank you! It makes it seem better knowing that lolhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/27/eseby6y9.jpg

Sent from my VZW S4

So is this a brand new phone? If that is the case, new batteries need a few charge cycles to settle in.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 what Golfdriver said. It's a brand new phone and it'll need some time to get into a good grove. Hope you are enjoying it, it's a great device.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshots.
You signal is weak. Not going to be great for overall battery. That may be more of the battery killer than the screen.
Otherwise, 2 hours isn't bad. Since you don't like bright screens anyway, you could turn it down more.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also, for the best health of your battery, try to plug it in about 25%. You don't want to drain it so low very often.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I will do that! Thanks so much :)

Sent from my VZW S4

No sweat.
Give the new battery a few days. See how it works. If you think you are still having trouble, quote either Magnus or me (gives us an alert on the site and we can respond faster), and post the same 3 screenshots you did earlier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm