MHL.. Hdmi question...

TMCF

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So I understand what this MHL stuff is...

And I get that some tvs are " enhanced " IS ASSUME MINE AREN'T .. But Internet says I should still be able to play video

So I go to best buy and get the proper cable... Even tested it on a lg tv...

Get it home.... Nothing...

Lg tv
Crappy small tv down stares
Protector tv

Nothing nothing nothing..

Before I give up, I'm going to take it back to best buy to see if possible the cable went bad...

Any thoughts ?

Do I need that powered adapter thing ? And then it should work ? Or just go get a new tv lol
I tried my s4
And my tab 3 8.0

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

And I get that some tvs are " enhanced " IS ASSUME MINE AREN'T .. But Internet says I should still be able to play video

Lg tv
Protector tv

Before I give up, I'm going to take it back to best buy to see if possible the cable went bad...

Any thoughts ?

Do I need that powered adapter thing ? And then it should work ? Or just go get a new tv lol
I tried my s4
And my tab 3 8.0

Which MHL Cable did you buy?
Samsung requires an 11 pin MHL MicroUSB adapter to work on their devices. You can the original MHL adapter for the Samsung S4 or Samsung S3 or a 3rd party MHL HDMI connector that says "For Samsung S3 or S4". I bought mine for $17 on Ebay original for the Samsung S3.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Lg tv
Protector tv

Any thoughts ?

I tried my s4
And my tab 3 8.0

I bought the cable from best buy and couldn't get it to work on mine either. But I have an older hdtv so mine may just be the TV.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy ? S4 via Tapatalk 4

TMCF

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Which MHL Cable did you buy?
Samsung requires an 11 pin MHL MicroUSB adapter to work on their devices. You can the original MHL adapter for the Samsung S4 or Samsung S3 or a 3rd party MHL HDMI connector that says "For Samsung S3 or S4". I bought mine for $17 on Ebay original for the Samsung S3.

I bought the correct cable / pin adapter..

I'm told now is that it is because I don't have an " enhanced " tv... So, I'm going to buy the powered one right off samsunge websie

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought the correct cable / pin adapter..

I'm told now is that it is because I don't have an " enhanced " tv... So, I'm going to buy the powered one right off samsunge websie

Yeah i don't think that's right. Do you have a link to which adapter you bought?

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing by enhanced they mean it's a powered port on the TV. Most HDMI ports on TV's aren't powered so, just like Chromecast, you have to cable it to a powered port or wall plug to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke