Samsung Galaxy S4 watch?

Draegloth187

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the Galaxy S4 about 2 Months ago. At the time I was unaware of the Galaxy Note 3.
I'm starting to see advertisements for it all over the place. Through these advertisements I see the Galaxy Note 3 is compatible with a watch.

My question to ask you guys.
Is there a watch that works with the Galaxy S4?
Does this watch for the note3 work with the Galaxy s4?

My job centers around my phone. While both hands are full. I get a message from a coworker or a boss. It would be nice to be able to read a message on the watch. Besides. It looks more professional if I dont have to pull out my cell phone 10times. People automatically think I'm goofing off at work.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The watch is the Samsung Galaxy Gear. It is around $300 USD and sports a modified Android OS and the basic functionality that goes with it. It's release coincides with the Note 3 and they have been heavily marketed together.

Presumably the watch will sync with other phones though AFAIK it will only sync with the Note 3 at first.

On a side note I am jazzed as heck for this watch and plan to pick one up.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Tapatalk 2

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is planning to make it compatible later on with the S4, S4 Active, and the S3 but no word on when that update will come yet.

You might also want to check out the Pebble watch. As far as battery goes, the Pebble watch lasts longer than the Galaxy Gear by about a day or two, whilst the Galaxy Gear is about the same as your ordinary smartphone - you will have to charge it every night.

I don't believe you can text using the Galaxy Gear... The screen is simply too small. But you can view messages with it. Reporters argue that the price is too high, especially compared to the Sony Smart Watch, which if I remember correctly, can pair with any Android phone, so it might be worthy to look at that as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Draegloth187

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is planning to make it compatible later on with the S4, S4 Active, and the S3 but no word on when that update will come yet.

You might also want to check out the Pebble watch. As far as battery goes, the Pebble watch lasts longer than the Galaxy Gear by about a day or two, whilst the Galaxy Gear is about the same as your ordinary smartphone - you will have to charge it every night.

I don't believe you can text using the Galaxy Gear... The screen is simply too small. But you can view messages with it. Reporters argue that the price is too high, especially compared to the Sony Smart Watch, which if I remember correctly, can pair with any Android phone, so it might be worthy to look at that as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Thank You LadyHaly. :) That was very helpful information. I will looking in Pebble watch and Sony Smart Watch.
I did see the price tag for the Galaxy Gear and I have to agree. In fact, that price tag is more then what I paid for my galaxy s4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane