- 801 Posts
S4 on Caribbean Cruise
In January, we are about to take our first cruise (celebrating 30 years of marriage!)
We have Verizon.
Is the S4 'international'?
Do you buy packages through VZW..
or the cruise line?
I know you can buy data packages or something on board.
I just want to call or skype or text to the kids, and check email.
Facebook can wait. lol.
How do you keep connected with home, ECONOMICALLY, while on a cruise if you have an S4?
- 09-29-2013, 05:27 PM #2
- 2,198 Posts
- 09-29-2013, 05:29 PM #3
Re: S4 on Caribbean Cruise
I guess is time to retire? Just kidding
I've never been to a cruise, I think...
You have a few options:
As far as I know you can use the ship's Wi-Fi. Also, Verizon will let you go on an international plan if that's what you want.
My phone is with Sprint and it is unlocked to use internationally, I don't see why yours wouldn't.
Family members that have Verizon and had a locked phone before, they use to call Verizon to unlock the phone so they can use it with SIM cards from other countries, if those phones had a SIM card.
My cousin said certain cruise lines have plans for unlock phones, it doesn't hurt to ask your cruise line and Verizon about it.
Great luck and enjoy! :thumbup:
Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
- By chatterbox in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM
- By mot524 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 11Last Post: 10-03-2013, 09:35 AM
- By kryan91871 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM
- By pantlesspenguin in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 8Last Post: 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
- By joyfulalways in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:26 AM