1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default gmail sending out emails by itself with no content

My Gmail app seems to be sending emails to one of my contacts. It has happened twice now. Both times aroung 6am. I also got notifications both times, "Couldn't send attacment." Anybody have anything like this happen or understand what it could be? I ran a virus scan with my Avast app and it found nothing.

Default Re: gmail sending out emails by itself with no content

Quote Originally Posted by fiddell View Post
    My Gmail app seems to be sending emails to one of my contacts. It has happened twice now. Both times aroung 6am. I also got notifications both times, "Couldn't send attacment." Anybody have anything like this happen or understand what it could be? I ran a virus scan with my Avast app and it found nothing.
    Have you checked the "Outbox" Folder for any old stuck Gmails?

i would try this -

1. clear cache/app data of Gmail app.
    2. delete Gmail account.
    3. re-add Gmail account.
    4. soft reset.
    5. test.

good luck!

Unless you have a rooted phone you can't really uninstall Gmail since it's preloaded into the Stock ROM. What you can do then if you're not rooted and do not wish to meddle with your OS is you can uninstall updates and clear cache.

Another question I would like to raise is if you're sure that nothing else has access to your Gmail account... It's possible that someone else has your other device with your open Gmail on hand during those times and is sending an email with it. For example, your desktop or laptop computer or a tablet. Your Gmail app syncs to the cloud, so if you save an attachment or open an email or receive it, any chances made my one device is applied to all upon the app's syncing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I have been experiencing the same issue with my personal email account. Every so often I will receive a message that an email failed to send. There is a blank email message that is presented in my inbox, as if the message was sent to myself from my own account. I usually just delete the message. After experiencing the same behavior several times I decided to investigate further.

When this happens I notice at the top of my Droid Razr Maxx screen is a rounded triangle with an exclamation point in the center. I clicked the icon, which opens up an unsent email screen. Sure enough, there was a message in the sent inbox that has not been sent. When clicking on the message it states something to the effect of 'the message was not sent because it failed to synch with server'. There is an icon at the lower left hand side of the screen that looks like a letter with an arrow in it. I clicked this and another message pops up and says 'resending message'. I had to try a few times until the message finally was sent.

I'm surmising here but I think the code is written to self generate an email from your inbox to yourself to provide a clue that a message was not successfully sent. Furthermore, the same type of behavior has been experienced when I tried to send text files with attachments that never ended up leaving my outbox. Text messages kept being sent to myself until I dealt with the unsent text message.

Hope that sheds a bit of light into what's happening.

My Galaxy S4 has been sending out loads of Pictures from my phone During the Night about 4:30 AM. It just started recently and is very weird! One time i noticed the Phone had been doing a Verizon backup around that time. But it's done it again this morning??? I Never had this happen in all the time i've had the phone and i bought this phone when they first came out.????? Any ideas at ALL??

Quote Originally Posted by rayny2e View Post
    My Galaxy S4 has been sending out loads of Pictures from my phone During the Night about 4:30 AM. It just started recently and is very weird! One time i noticed the Phone had been doing a Verizon backup around that time. But it's done it again this morning??? I Never had this happen in all the time i've had the phone and i bought this phone when they first came out.????? Any ideas at ALL??
    When you say "sending out", how do you mean? Via gmail, MMS, some other service? What tips you off that this is occuring?

This is happening to me too!!! On my Samsung S3!

I usually use the regular internet browser to check hotmail email account, but when I checked my "sent" box one day by random, I saw loads of emails sent from my phone to myself, with the same picture from my phone. It doesnt appear in my inbox, only in the sent box, and it seems to happen every time I refresh the page to check my emails. I've tried deleting the certain picture but it still sends the same email with the same picture but the picture is "unavailable" now. I have no idea why it's doing this?!?!? Please help as I don't want to spam other people!!!!

hi, same happened to me today, three emails sent to three random people, early in the morning. I thought this could be a fresh application that I have installed, but I haven't installed anything new in past few days. this made me worrying, hows is this possible? It was sent through gmail...

My Galaxy S4 is doing the same thing. Sent out a failed message the last 2 days at 6am.