- 79 Posts
Disabling Stock Apps?
I want to know what happened if I disable these stock apps that come with my s4? Most of them are always running in background, yet I never use them at all. Will disabling these apps at least make them stop running in background? I'm sad I can't root my S4 too as another User told me it wasn't in my interest to do it now since I can install ROMs etc. (wish I could get rid of this Touchwiz, it's killing me).
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
- 10-02-2013, 03:33 AM #2
Re: Disabling Stock Apps?
There are many threads in various forums where people list bloatware and system apps they safely disabled--simply do a web search for "Galaxy S4 safe to disable."
When you disable an app, you're correct, it will not open, so it will never run in the background. It will still take up storage space--there's no way to remove them unless you root.
- 10-02-2013, 05:01 AM #3
- By d.real.napster in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 19Last Post: 10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
- By 2001400ex in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
- By sbudaj in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM
- By Christopher Gilliam in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
- By towusop in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:03 AM