Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Sorry but... I don't get it. Apps to SD

Hello

I know that Samsung did an update few months ago, to allow user to move apps to SD card. I tought the goal of that was because of the very limited free space on the device memory. I tought it was a great idea... in theory. But in practice, it is different. It seems that the free memory on my device is pretty similar if I move the apps the SD or not. The gain is about 10%, maximum.

Is there something I am not getting right ??

Thanks!

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Sorry but... I don't get it. Apps to SD

I guess it depends on how big the apps are in total that you're moving. It doesn't move 100% of an app to the SD card
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tarball View Post
    Hello

I know that Samsung did an update few months ago, to allow user to move apps to SD card. I tought the goal of that was because of the very limited free space on the device memory. I tought it was a great idea... in theory. But in practice, it is different. It seems that the free memory on my device is pretty similar if I move the apps the SD or not. The gain is about 10%, maximum.

Is there something I am not getting right ??

Thanks!
    Here is the biggest things to consider. The app developer needs to support the transfer to the SD card.
    Also, under normal circumstances, the app data is segregated into two parts cache and data storage. When you introduce the third division, it can take longer for the app to load.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Here is the biggest things to consider. The app developer needs to support the transfer to the SD card.
    Also, under normal circumstances, the app data is segregated into two parts cache and data storage. When you introduce the third division, it can take longer for the app to load.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    It can if your memory card isn't a Class 10. I gave away my Class 4 32 GB and invested in a 32 GB Class 10 and haven't had loading issues.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4