Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default dissapearing app icons?

Anyone else had there app icons disappear or get a black screen overlay over them at all? Doesn't happen to often but it will stay like it until I reboot? Any fix for this?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: dissapearing app icons?

Do the apps that have their icons 'disappear' or show a generic one all of a sudden, by any chance, be installed on the SD Card? If so, that's the culprit. It's not a secret that this phone (and most of Sammy's latest) have issues with SD Cards unmounting/remounting randomly, and with the latest patch/update that brought back App2SD Support, the apps that are installed in the SD card will start to malfunction if the card unmounts itself, even if it remounts on its own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Do the apps that have their icons 'disappear' or show a generic one all of a sudden, by any chance, be installed on the SD Card? If so, that's the culprit. It's not a secret that this phone (and most of Sammy's latest) have issues with SD Cards unmounting/remounting randomly, and with the latest patch/update that brought back App2SD Support, the apps that are installed in the SD card will start to malfunction if the card unmounts itself, even if it remounts on its own.
    Hi thanks for reply but no none of my apps are on my SD card . hopefully it will happen again so I can get a screen shot but it almost covers the bottom of the screen and the app with a black patch and in cases the app icon dissapears?!

Posted via Android Central App

Hasn't happened to me... I've been trying to replicate the issue on my phone but it isn't happening. Sorry I can't help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4