Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Multiple gmail accounts

    I've just gotten the S4 (YAY!) and on my last phone (a Samsung Droid Charge) I could have multiple gmail accounts attached to the gmail app. I cannot figure out how to add another account. Does that option not exist with this new phone?

    Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
  2. Best Answer

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnSapphira View Post
    I've just gotten the S4 (YAY!) and on my last phone (a Samsung Droid Charge) I could have multiple gmail accounts attached to the gmail app. I cannot figure out how to add another account. Does that option not exist with this new phone?

    Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
    Yeah, you can still do it. With one of the recent updates to gmail app, apparently the ability to add a new account directly from the app has disappeared (I don't think it's a S4 thing, I was able to this from the gmail app on my S4 somewhat recently). What you need to do is go into "Accounts" tab in Settings and add the additional Google account(s) from there, then you will be able to select and open that mailbox from the gmail app.

  3. #2  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Welcome to Android Central! I haven't done it myself, but try going to System Settings/Accounts, and tap Add Account. Then choose Google and go from there.
  4. #3  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnSapphira View Post
    I've just gotten the S4 (YAY!) and on my last phone (a Samsung Droid Charge) I could have multiple gmail accounts attached to the gmail app. I cannot figure out how to add another account. Does that option not exist with this new phone?

    Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
    Yeah, you can still do it. With one of the recent updates to gmail app, apparently the ability to add a new account directly from the app has disappeared (I don't think it's a S4 thing, I was able to this from the gmail app on my S4 somewhat recently). What you need to do is go into "Accounts" tab in Settings and add the additional Google account(s) from there, then you will be able to select and open that mailbox from the gmail app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Fantastic!! Thanks :-D
  6. #5  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    On mine, if I open the gmail app, then tap the permanent settings/menu icon on the bottom left of the phone, the gmail settings window that opens has an "add account" line at the top right.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  7. #6  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    On mine, if I open the gmail app, then tap the permanent settings/menu icon on the bottom left of the phone, the gmail settings window that opens has an "add account" line at the top right.
    My guess is that you're still running an older version of the gmail app. As I mentioned above, until very recently you could do it this way, but after the last gmail update, that option no longer exists.

    Google tends to "roll out" their app updates in phases, so you just may not have received it yet.
  8. #7  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    My guess is that you're still running an older version of the gmail app. As I mentioned above, until very recently you could do it this way, but after the last gmail update, that option no longer exists.

    Google tends to "roll out" their app updates in phases, so you just may not have received it yet.
    That could well be.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  9. #8  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Thanks for this. It works but how do I access these accounts?

    I was hoping to have separate apps/icons so they could monitor these accounts and tell me when I receive incoming emails so I am not logging out/logging in all the time to check them. Though, mind you like I said initially, I cannot find out where these email accounts are to access them.

    ps: 2 are work related, so not gmail.
  10. #9  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    As the first answer said, go into your Android Settings.

    Tap Accounts

    Tap the plus sign or "Add Account"

    Type in the additional email addresses.

    When you look at your Gmail tap the very top left above your inbox messages. This opens the page where you can switch to a different Gmail account.

    If it isn't Gmail then I don't know what to advise.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #10  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Thank you!! I've been trying to figure this out for about 3 days.
  12. #11  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    I am at the accounts tab in Google accounts. I can see my existing accounts and want to add another. I don't see any option to do so. not by clicking anyh button or seeing anything onscreen. Any help would be great. thank you.
  13. #12  

    Default Re: Multiple gmail accounts

    Quote Originally Posted by F Kenneth Vudmaska View Post
    I am at the accounts tab in Google accounts. I can see my existing accounts and want to add another. I don't see any option to do so. not by clicking anyh button or seeing anything onscreen. Any help would be great. thank you.
    ""As the first answer said, go into your Android Settings.

    Tap Accounts

    Tap the plus sign or "Add Account" ""

    See post no 9 and no 1 for more deatil
    SM-N910F 4.4.4 stock
    I-9500 4.4.2 rooted and cleaned.
    SM-P605 4.4.2 stock

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon LG G2 - Gmail 4.6 update crashing swipe to unlock
    By Daniel J Sonnenberg in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 07:38 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
  3. Questions about Google Accounts on Google Play
    By cllrknight in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM
  4. merging multiple sms for the recipient to receive as one message
    By dannyry1 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM
  5. SGS4 - NATIVE email client for GMail?
    By PhobicCarrot in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions