Galaxy Gear DOES WORK ON THE S4!!

tailc

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Gear in the mail from AT&T. I currently have the S4 and I was planning on getting the Note 3 tomorrow from ATT store so I could use my Gear. Wellllll being the impatient guy that I am I decided to try and activate it on my S4 and to my amassment it WORKED!!!!!!

I followed the instructions in the quick manual; turn on your NFC on the phone and tape the gear charger, it redirects you to the Samsung apps site (I had to retry the NFC pairing, it didn't work the first time) and there you will see the Gear Manager. I clicked on the free button next to the app and bam, it downloaded the app and everything synced up with my Bluetooth and I'm a happy camper!!!!!

So no need for me to go purchase the Note3 :):). So if any of you are in the same predicament as I was, give it a try and let me know how things worked out.

Best of luck

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
May I know what firmware version you have? When was the last time you updated? Is it this September? Just asking since I haven't received the September update. Last update on my S4 was on July.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Gear in the mail from AT&T. I currently have the S4 and I was planning on getting the Note 3 tomorrow from ATT store so I could use my Gear. Wellllll being the impatient guy that I am I decided to try and activate it on my S4 and to my amassment it WORKED!!!!!!

I followed the instructions in the quick manual; turn on your NFC on the phone and tape the gear charger, it redirects you to the Samsung apps site (I had to retry the NFC pairing, it didn't work the first time) and there you will see the Gear Manager. I clicked on the free button next to the app and bam, it downloaded the app and everything synced up with my Bluetooth and I'm a happy camper!!!!!

So no need for me to go purchase the Note3 :):). So if any of you are in the same predicament as I was, give it a try and let me know how things worked out.

Best of luck

I read the same thing. However, there are a couple functions that work on the Note 3, and don't work on the S4, they are just minor things though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12