SGS 4 - brightness control disappeared help

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings, My Device tab, select Display, and then Notification Panel. The option to have it show or not should be there.

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Notification Panel is checked in my Display Settings but even if I toggle it off and on again it does not reappear. This change may have occurred since updating to Android 4.3 but I've just noticed it now. Any more suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Notification Panel is checked in my Display Settings but even if I toggle it off and on again it does not reappear. This change may have occurred since updating to Android 4.3 but I've just noticed it now. Any more suggestions?

Reboot and battery pull has worked for others. Good luck! 🍀

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Sprytech

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
My brightness slide bar disappeared after I did a reset. I toggled and rebooted and it hasn't returned. A few other things aren't quite right. The phone reset to 4.2.2 so once they push the new and improved 4.3 things may look better.

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I noticed after the kit kat update when the battery gets low, the brightness toggle in the notification bar disappears! It must be part of the power saving so you can't manually put the brightness up when your really low on battery! It confused me for days wondering where it kept going!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Well my brightness bar is back but I'm not sure why. I suppose it may have been the low battery issue but it was a problem for several days and I had recharged in between.

Lots of odd things happening since updating to 4.3 including eating battery power and running hot but my memory (RAM) and internal storage are low too so it could be that.

Still investigating!

Last edited:

Shawn Li

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the brightness control problem on my note 3.. I can't get it to work at all.. not with all solutions provided above.. toggle it on and off, + reboot doesn't work.. trying to take out the battery doesn't work either.. :S anyone know why?

Pa Ap

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Experienced a similar problem on Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Try this:
1. Plug in charger and start recharging your 'phone. (If the brightness increases almost immediately, you know it's a power-saving setting that's causing the problem, which now becomes easy to rectify; no need to power off/on or remove the battery.)
2. Go to Settings and look for Power Saving options.
3. In those options you should find a Customize option, which enables you to adjust or deactivate the default low-power behaviour, which by default dims the screen *and* disables the Brightness control in Settings until you recharge the battery. (IMO that's stupid: WHAT IF you need to use your 'phone to make an emergency call, low power or not, but you can't see the screen?)

tobbbie4tobbbie

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks (done) - this works as well. In another thread is was the Night Mode app recommended. I think it is any app that takes and releases control for brightness properly which should do here.

techdude49

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and this was driving me nuts!!! The ONLY thing that worked (after trying all the suggestions) was going into MX Player and adjusting the brightness.

Thank you!!!