- 1 Posts
Switching carriers question
I bought a Verizon S4. I just switched to Rogers because I moved to Canada. I put a Rogers Sim card in. I have been able to get calling and texting working, but not data. I have data enabled and airplane mode off. I have created an APN for Rogers. I tried forcing my phone onto Rogers GSM network, but that didn't work so I'm on the global network setting.
The S4 is, according to Verizon, unlocked for use with all carriers.
The "Non-Verizon SIM" message is still showing.
Rogers and Verizon have been unhelpful (we tried resetting the data on their end among other things) so I thought I'd ask you guys. If you can't give me a solution, can you forward me somewhere that can?
Thanks so much in advance.
- 10-05-2013, 01:50 AM #2
- 195 Posts
Re: Switching carriers question
You might want to go to Samsung. If you recently updated your phone, they may have applied that regional lock thing on your phone that debuted along with the Note 3. From what I've heard, Samsung planned to implement it along with the S4 via future update.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
- By asylvia in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:44 PM
- By dcastillo in forum VerizonReplies: 9Last Post: 10-05-2013, 11:50 AM
- By nessy in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2013, 12:17 AM
- By ska916jedi in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
- By mjohnjanz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2013, 09:15 AM