Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default New S4 - Contacts Problem

    I got a new S4 today and when they were doing the setup wizard something happened on the contacts side.

    I use Google Apps and when I signed in, all my contacts synced, but just now noticed I had the phone icon next to most of my contacts in addition to the Google icon.

    It seems I have 450+ on "Device" and "750+" Google Contacts. Also, all of the "Device" contacts are in the Google contacts... So I wanted to unjoin them so I can delete from "Device" and just have them in Google so they aren't taking up space on my phone... I see how to do it one by one - unjoin or separate then I go back and delete the device one. But I have 450 to do. Do you know of anyway I can do multiple separation?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Similarly, my wife just switched from an iPhone to a GS4. She inadvertently imported all of her Facebook contacts alongside her Google contacts. How can I remove all of her Facebook contacts in one shot? There's too many to remove individually. I've tried deleting Facebook and her Facebook account from the phone, but apparently the contact info was imported into the phone's address book or something because they're still there.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by thecarlsoncrew View Post
    Similarly, my wife just switched from an iPhone to a GS4. She inadvertently imported all of her Facebook contacts alongside her Google contacts. How can I remove all of her Facebook contacts in one shot? There's too many to remove individually. I've tried deleting Facebook and her Facebook account from the phone, but apparently the contact info was imported into the phone's address book or something because they're still there.
    She'll have to go to Google Contacts on the web (https://www.google.com/contacts/) and she can batch-delete from there.

    If she doesn't see them there, they are being pulled from somewhere else on the phone and just listed together. That can be fixed by changing the "Contacts to Display" option in Contact's Menu. This will also tell exactly where they are coming from.
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Darnell0216 View Post
    She'll have to go to Google Contacts on the web (https://www.google.com/contacts/) and she can batch-delete from there.

    If she doesn't see them there, they are being pulled from somewhere else on the phone and just listed together. That can be fixed by changing the "Contacts to Display" option in Contact's Menu. This will also tell exactly where they are coming from.
    Right, that's exactly what I'm doing to remove and clean up her Google contacts. My question was how to clean up everything else (i.e. Facebook contacts) once I have the Google contacts removed. I'm trying to get back to a clean slate with no contacts at all, and then I'll re-import the Google contacts, and she'll be good to go. I've already tried unchecking Facebook in the "Contacts to Display" option, but they're all still there, so I just want to wipe the whole contacts list everywhere on the phone. How can that be done?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by thecarlsoncrew View Post
    Right, that's exactly what I'm doing to remove and clean up her Google contacts. My question was how to clean up everything else (i.e. Facebook contacts) once I have the Google contacts removed. I'm trying to get back to a clean slate with no contacts at all, and then I'll re-import the Google contacts, and she'll be good to go. I've already tried unchecking Facebook in the "Contacts to Display" option, but they're all still there, so I just want to wipe the whole contacts list everywhere on the phone. How can that be done?
    When you're done on the web, go into the account settings on the phone and force a manual sync if you don't want to wait for the automatic one (usually within a few minutes). All the contacts removed from the web will be removed from the phone as well. No need to delete all and re-import.
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Beautiful! Worked perfectly, thank you!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New S4 - Contacts Problem

    Go to contects then menu button
    Select Contact to display and then select device.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Girl, first world problems. lol.
    By diasmall in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
  2. Is the Element Eclipse S4 case worth the money?
    By GlassToTheArson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 01:33 AM
  3. Verizon HTC One - Video problems
    By Trob#AC in forum Verizon HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 10:12 AM
  4. Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?
    By bhushanarodgers in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM
  5. Problem playing media
    By GlassToTheArson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions