Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4: Blue LED always on

This is driving me insane. The blue LED on my S4 is always on, including when I have turned the phone off (not connect to a power source, off for 15minutes, LED still present).

I have disabled all the LED notifications and I am out of ideas. Odd though it may seem, it is very bright at night and I'd like it gone. For good.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix?

Global Posts
    8,095 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung S4: Blue LED always on

Quote Originally Posted by damnLED View Post
    This is driving me insane. The blue LED on my S4 is always on, including when I have turned the phone off (not connect to a power source, off for 15minutes, LED still present).

I have disabled all the LED notifications and I am out of ideas. Odd though it may seem, it is very bright at night and I'd like it gone. For good.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix?
    So the LED is still on even when the device is shut off (power off menu)? Or do you mean when the device is locked and screen off?

If it's still on with the screen off (powered on) then there is a setting you missed that needs to be disabled.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It is still on when the device is shut off via the 'power off' menu.

Does the problem still occur when you pull out the battery?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I took the battery out and the blue LED went out but the moment I put it back in, before I had even turned the phone on, the blue LED was back on. The battery was out for at least 1 min.

It sounds like something in the phone is broken. You'll probably have to have it repaired under warranty.

i have Samsung s4 and facing the same problem since the moment i bought it,and want to know if you got any ideas about it?!

If the light is on when the phone is off then my guess would be that it's either a short on a board somewhere or a bad transistor. It's very unlikely that you'll be able to fix it yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

i have the same problem but mine is green. how's your device now? is it okay now and what did you do? thank you in advanced

I am having exactly the same problem which only started this morning. I have had the phone for 3 months and have not had any issues until now. I will be booking the phone in for repairs as Im sure its not a software setting.