Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sentrix
  • 1 Post By ladyhaly
  • 1 Post By ladyhaly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Hi all,

    this has happened 3 or 4 times now over the last few weeks. I am playing around on my phone. Downloading new apps, installing them, deleting them etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    Then my battery is at 40%+ and it just dies on me. then I turn my phone back on, as it wasn't restarting, and my phones battery says 2%, going very swiftly down to 1%.

    As this has happened a few times what would you recommend?

    Has anyone else experience this issue?

    Thanks
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    I haven't experienced this issue and appears that my battery is normal.

    It seems to me that you may have a defective battery, because it shuts off at 40%. But have you charged it to 100% and let it run down? Does it keep turning off at 40%?

    I would take it into service, either where you got it or through samsung, You will probably need a brand new battery.
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,372 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    Hi all,

    this has happened 3 or 4 times now over the last few weeks. I am playing around on my phone. Downloading new apps, installing them, deleting them etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    Then my battery is at 40%+ and it just dies on me. then I turn my phone back on, as it wasn't restarting, and my phones battery says 2%, going very swiftly down to 1%.

    As this has happened a few times what would you recommend?

    Has anyone else experience this issue?

    Thanks
    I am inclined to agree it may be your battery. Take it to your carrier and tell them the problem.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Unhappy Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post

    It seems to me that you may have a defective battery, because it shuts off at 40%. But have you charged it to 100% and let it run down? Does it keep turning off at 40%?.
    Well it doesn't happen all the time usually I will let it run down to 0% and then recharge it. But this occurrence only happens when downloading apps - maybe 4 or 5 at a time always with the battery at around 40%- 50% and then BAM phone switches off. I turn it back on and there is only 2% left. but like I said not all the time.

    I don't want to have to take it back but this has never happened until the last few weeks, maybe it is worth waiting for the 4.3 update first? DAM IT
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    What the hell. My phone keeps turning off. It was at 72% suddenly turned off I turned it back on but it was then at 40% and it did the same again, turning off twice in the space of 5 minutes. It happened earlier today whilst watching a video at 90%

    Should I take it back and claim on insurance?

    This is really annoying now. I don't root of do anything I shouldn't with this S4.

    my shiney new S4
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    Should I take it back and claim on insurance?
    Yes. Definitely a manufacturer-defective S4.
    Thanked by:
    Teddy Jenkins likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    What the hell. My phone keeps turning off. It was at 72% suddenly turned off I turned it back on but it was then at 40% and it did the same again, turning off twice in the space of 5 minutes. It happened earlier today whilst watching a video at 90%

    Should I take it back and claim on insurance?

    This is really annoying now. I don't root of do anything I shouldn't with this S4.

    my shiney new S4
    Defective battery..

    Does it do the same thing with power plugged in ? If it doesn't you have your answer.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    I agree its the battery, i have seen this happen with iPhones after the battery has gotten wet. Replace the battery and you will be good to go!!
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Thanks guys will do that asap

    my shiney new S4
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Same problem with me. Google Samsung S4 battery problem and you will see that apparently 30% of Galaxy S4s have this problem. My S4 isn't rooted. I factory reset it the other just hoping for a fix. No such luck. Still being like that even after factory reset. Going to buy a new battery today and will claim warranty in the next month or so. My S4 is just two months old.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Teddy Jenkins likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhaly View Post
    Same problem with me. Google Samsung S4 battery problem and you will see that apparently 30% of Galaxy S4s have this problem. My S4 isn't rooted. I factory reset it the other just hoping for a fix. No such luck. Still being like that even after factory reset. Going to buy a new battery today and will claim warranty in the next month or so. My S4 is just two months old.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Yeah my S4 is only about 2 months old as well. Its rather annoying and even when I did a factory reset the same. I lost all my folders and everything
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    Yeah my S4 is only about 2 months old as well. Its rather annoying and even when I did a factory reset the same. I lost all my folders and everything
    Awww... So the battery gets bust after around 2 months... I just bought a new battery. Not original Samsung battery but from a third party brand called SK. Phone is working fine now. So relieved. But all the stores had Samsung battery kits out of stock...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhaly View Post
    Awww... So the battery gets bust after around 2 months... I just bought a new battery. Not original Samsung battery but from a third party brand called SK. Phone is working fine now. So relieved. But all the stores had Samsung battery kits out of stock...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I took it in yesterday and the replaced my black mist s4 with a white one instead, but when I took that away it had a huge scratch across the home screen. That's the 3rd s4 I have taken back lol. Luckily I actually really like this phone.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    I took it in yesterday and the replaced my black mist s4 with a white one instead, but when I took that away it had a huge scratch across the home screen. That's the 3rd s4 I have taken back lol. Luckily I actually really like this phone.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Oh wow. Why didn't they just give you a new battery? Why replace the phone? It's fortunate that you're not bothered by it. Are you going to keep the unit with the scratch on the screen? I'm pleased by the phone as well, so far. Would just like a stylus for Photoshop Touch and so I can also use Sketchbook, but I reckon that's more my fault for not holding out for the Note 3.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhaly View Post
    Oh wow. Why didn't they just give you a new battery? Why replace the phone? It's fortunate that you're not bothered by it. Are you going to keep the unit with the scratch on the screen? I'm pleased by the phone as well, so far. Would just like a stylus for Photoshop Touch and so I can also use Sketchbook, but I reckon that's more my fault for not holding out for the Note 3.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Yeah well as I wanted the white one instead it didn't bother me much, I had to redo most things though, a lot of apps didn't download and I lost all my desktop folders.

    No I took the scratched unit back the same day and got them to replace it straight away. I got a free Bluetooth speaker thrown in as well

    Hmmm the Note would be to big for me in my opinion. don't you think its too big for a phone?
    Sent From My Shiney new S4
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HUGE Battery Issue - should i be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Jenkins View Post
    Yeah well as I wanted the white one instead it didn't bother me much, I had to redo most things though, a lot of apps didn't download and I lost all my desktop folders.

    No I took the scratched unit back the same day and got them to replace it straight away. I got a free Bluetooth speaker thrown in as well

    Hmmm the Note would be to big for me in my opinion. don't you think its too big for a phone?
    Not for me... It's just a little bit bigger than the S4 and I always carry a bag with me when I go out so putting it in my pocket is no big deal. It's finding a sports armband that would fit it that's going to be problematic. But then I can do more photo editing and sketching... Not that I'm that kind of person. But still... I don't think I'll be buying a tablet any time soon.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Teddy Jenkins likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Cover for Note 3
    By jonlien in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 12:23 PM
  2. ask about Nexus 10's battery?
    By Sanada Yukimura in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
  3. WiFi issue
    By festinator in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM
  4. Phone call quality (sound) issue
    By corvette72778 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions