S4 Screen will not turn on!

Joseph Heo

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
so around the first week of September my phone got slightly wet, and when trying to turn it on, the screen would show fuzz (green pixel dots everywhere, just a mess), and the phone would proceed to turn on. Phone's on (menu and back key are lit) but the screen is black. In two days it worked again after letting it dry but out of the blue its not working again, and the fuzz on the screen still shows up when starting up the phone, then proceeds to stay black. Should I return this with my warranty? or hope it will 'dry out' and work again. It's been screenless for 4 days now... I just have the small ounce of hope the screen will start up because it did 2 days ago! and it was working normally but glitched and broke out again. Any comments?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
so around the first week of September my phone got slightly wet, and when trying to turn it on, the screen would show fuzz (green pixel dots everywhere, just a mess), and the phone would proceed to turn on. Phone's on (menu and back key are lit) but the screen is black. In two days it worked again after letting it dry but out of the blue its not working again, and the fuzz on the screen still shows up when starting up the phone, then proceeds to stay black. Should I return this with my warranty? or hope it will 'dry out' and work again. It's been screenless for 4 days now... I just have the small ounce of hope the screen will start up because it did 2 days ago! and it was working normally but glitched and broke out again. Any comments?

Water damage is NOT covered under warranty.

There are many threads on what you should do if your smartphone meets water... one of the first things is always to pull the battery and do NOT put it in again for about 3 days while you buy some uncooked white rice and put your phone in a ziplock bag with the uncooked white rice... move it around a couple times a day, and possibly change out the rice after a day or two. You can even stick the battery in the rice to be sure everything is dry on that as well. Then after 3 days just hope and pray... you might still have a damaged device... no guaranties.

Honestly it sounds like you are going to buying a new device at full price to replace your device... unless you are talking about having a carrier warranty that covers water damage... but the manufactures warranty does NOT cover water damage.