twrp can't open zip, stock rom

timbre

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone is bricked, only get to opening samsung logo. I am rooted with twrp. I downloaded stock rom and tried to flash it , I'm getting failed, can't open zip. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the zip, it opens on my computer fine. Any Help?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone is bricked, only get to opening samsung logo. I am rooted with twrp. I downloaded stock rom and tried to flash it , I'm getting failed, can't open zip. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the zip, it opens on my computer fine. Any Help?
Stock ROMs for the S4 are usually flashed through Odin 3.x, not Recovery. You'll need to put the phone in download mode and then follow the instructions for flashing via Odin.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I can flash a zip with odin? I thoiught it was just .tar files for root
Open the zip. If there's a .tar or .tar.md5 file inside, that's the file you flash in Odin. Odin is for the installation of anything, if properly formatted (root hacks, ROMs, file installs, etc).

onomado

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
what if you are not able to locate a .tar or .md5 file inside the zip file for the stock rom? I have downloaded android 4.1.2 for the sphL710 (sprint galaxys3) and have not been able to find the md5 or tar file to flash with odin. I think this is what the original question was....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX