iPhone texts not coming through. What else to try?

JustmeGemmy

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've seen so many posts about this problem! I cant find one sure way to fix it though! I've upgraded from an iphone 4s to the samsung galaxy s4. It's a brilliant phone.. But I noticed today that I'm not getting any texts from friends with iphones! Of course, I didn't realise this was even an issue until I'd got my new phone & traded in my iphone.

I've tried changing my apple id, removed my iphone from itunes & apple support. All with no luck. I'm at the end of my tether! What else can I try? If I went into an EE store & requested a new number, would that fix it? :/ I don't know what else to do :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iphone texts not coming through. what else to try?

I've seen so many posts about this problem! I cant find one sure way to fix it though! I've upgraded from an iphone 4s to the samsung galaxy s4. It's a brilliant phone.. But I noticed today that I'm not getting any texts from friends with iphones! Of course, I didn't realise this was even an issue until I'd got my new phone & traded in my iphone.

I've tried changing my apple id, removed my iphone from itunes & apple support. All with no luck. I'm at the end of my tether! What else can I try? If I went into an EE store & requested a new number, would that fix it? :/ I don't know what else to do :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've seen a number of posts from folk who corrected the problem with a new number.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You forgot to turn off iMessage before the iPhone was deactivated/S4 was activated.
Call Apple support and they'll be able to resolve the problem for you by removing your number from the iMessage database.

JustmeGemmy

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

This might sound really stupid, but could I do that by visiting an apple store? With most phones, you wipe them & you're done with them.. Didn't realise apple would hijack my phone number! What would be quicker to resolve it? Apple store or new number? I've read of some people having to wait 30 days for their details to be taken off of apple's servers.. which is crazy. My manager contacts me via an iphone so I need it sorted really :/

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You could try visiting an Apple Store and have them sign you into iMessage through an iPad or some iOS device they have there. Then, you could go into iMessage settings and remove your number from the list of where iMessages should be sent to you. That should resolve the problem, if they'll allow you to do that.

EDIT:

I wonder if changing your Apple ID password would disable iMessage, as you wouldn't be able to reauthorize your old device. Try it out.

JustmeGemmy

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I've tried absolutely everything now! It seems some texts are working & others are not. No idea why! Here is what I've tried:
Changed apple id email address & password
Turned imessage off on ipod
Unregistered iphone from apple support page.
Asked iphone contacts to delete me as a contact & readd me.

I've spoken to an apple 'genius' who had no idea what I was talking about. He told me to go to expresslane.apple.com - I've browsed this already & cant find any help. Will have another look tonight.

EE said they know of the problem but dont know how to rectify it as of yet. They suggested everything I'd already tried. Eventually they said it should fix itself, I've just got to wait it out.

Phones 4 u let me put my old sim in one of their iphone 4s' but we couldn't get it to work properly as they only had demo phones available.

I'm stumped. I'm not really into changing my number as I worry it'll just add to my problems. Im not sure if Orange are linked to this problem at all cos I got a text from them yesterday stating that I could now have certain features on my iphone... which I clearly don't have any more! Will be phoning them later too.

If anyone has any more advice or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!! xx

RickRosa7

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

im having the same issue. verizon ran a special to trade in the iphone so they have it so i cant change imessage off. this means that apple is pretty much the worst company ever.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Is there any way to log into imessage without using some apple device?

hollymama2

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

If you are not getting your messages fom friends with iphones call Apple Support at 800-275-2273 and ask them to remove your phone number from your apple account. I thought i did everything by the book but if you do not delete your itunes, icloud, imessage and any other iwhatever BEFORE your carrier switches you to the new phone you can have this problem! They suggest you tell any,family or friends to delete any old message threads as well!!! (Total pain!!!) Afyer calling Apple Support you should be good to go after 2-4 hours. Worst case*** it could take 12-24 if there are problems!****
I hope this helps someone along tbe way because it took me awhile to sort it out myself!!! Goodluck!!!!

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I turned off iMessage before switching from the iPhone to the S4, but still found that not all of my iPhone using friends' texts were going through.

Oddly, the solution was for my friends to reboot their iPhones. This worked for all 3 people who couldn't text me, so I recommend you ask your friends to reboot.

Congrats on your new S4 - it's a great device!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc