1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 - Where is caller ID? No "Additional Settings" option under call settings

Hey, I wanted to change my caller ID settings and every tutorial says to go to the "Additional Settings" under call settings, but I don't have that listed. Here's what the tutorial's looks like:

And here's what my call settings looks like:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I am running 4.2.2 on a Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Where is caller ID? No "Additional Settings" option under call settings

This is probably carrier-dependent. I'm on Verizon, and my Call settings screen looks exactly like yours. Samsung's generic S4 manual (downloadable ) has a list of additional call settings on p. 128, including Caller ID and Call forwarding, whereas we see only Call forwarding. It may be that Verizon (if that's your carrier too) doesn't allow users to change Caller ID settings, and so takes it (and others) out of the Settings menu.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Where is caller ID? No "Additional Settings" option under call settings

Got to be carrier dependent. On AT&T:
    Galaxy S4 - Where is caller ID? No "Additional Settings" option under call settings-screenshot_2013-10-11-06-43-34.jpg

Interesting. That's almost exactly the list in the Samsung generic S4 manual, except that it also has "Call barring." Looks like Verizon has omitted some features that AT&T keeps. My fellow Verizon customers will be as shocked as I am, I'm sure.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you everyone for your replies. Yeah I'm on Verizon, seems like that's why I don't have the option. Oh well lol thanks for the help though everyone!

Thankyou... I'm a new member to androidcentral and this forum helped me to understand my unlocked Samsung Galaxy Express Model number GT - 18730 Android version 4.1.2 mobile phone (new) to my area location Australia.... Regards John Minton...

Try Generic Toggle Widget - lets you add a switch to your home screen to block/unblock your Caller ID for outgoing calls.

I'm trying to use call forwarding and my galaxy s4 doesn't show additional settings