GS4 no roaming option??!!

Tam Babb

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Help!! I need to turn on roaming (for calls and sms) but not data roaming. And I don't actually have the roaming options on my phone...

Has anyone come across this??

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Roaming should connect automatically. To control data roaming, open the data manager application, press menu and make sure that the data roaming option is disabled.

Tam Babb

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes it should, but it doesn't. And mobile data roaming is different from calls/sms roaming.

I'm looking to turn on roaming for calls and sms.

Posted via Android Central App

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Roaming for calls and SMS is set by your network, not the phone. Call your network provider's customer service to activate it.

I assure you that data roaming is working as it should. You can even control mobile data access overall with the toggle above the screen.

I had no problems with my S4 when I went to Malaysia last month.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What carrier? I know ones like Sprint took away the option to force your phone to roam.. They'd rather you don't.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What carrier? I know ones like Sprint took away the option to force your phone to roam.. They'd rather you don't.

They didn't. I have sprint.

Edit: well I can't force my phone to roam but j can turn the option for it to roam on and off. :p

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They didn't. I have sprint.

Edit: well I can't force my phone to roam but j can turn the option for it to roam on and off. :p

Exactly. That's allowing it to roam.. Or not to. The OP wants to force it to roam even when it sees the carriers signal.

That's the difference ;). I used to have Sprint so I remember when they tool it.. And even tried to hide other ways to do it since people were roaming for data on Verizon.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. That's allowing it to roam.. Or not to. The OP wants to force it to roam even when it sees the carriers signal.

That's the difference ;). I used to have Sprint so I remember when they tool it.. And even tried to hide other ways to do it since people were roaming for data on Verizon.

Gotcha they way she worded it I thought she just wanted the option

RalphAlcala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4 with the same issue. ....Roaming option is missing from the setting menu. Sprint said that issue is a Samsung problem. I called Samsung tech support. I tried there "safe mode" reboot to determine if it was a 3rd party app causing it. It was not. Samsung stated there is an operating system error....if not Lollipop then it is the Samsung operating system. They stated the Samsung operating system needs to be reinstalled and it would be under warranty, but you have to open a trouble ticket and mail the phone to Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci