Is this a normal temperature ?

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
That seems really high. Is it that warm all the time?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

No, just when i ran AnTutu when it runs the 4 cores at the maximum frequency the temperature is between 80-91c, and at normal use while surfing the internet the temp. 45-55c and the battery reaches 38c after an hour of continuous using.

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
And there's no any heat comes from the front speaker while talking for more than an hour, but if I use viber I feel some heat after 15 minutes.
And this is a screen shot for my battery
Screenshot_2013-10-14-16-21-06.jpg

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had to use my temp converter to look up & convert them to Fahrenheit.
80-91c equates to 176-195 Fahrenheit and that's extremely dangerous. These temps will not only physically burn you, but will fry your phone if you continue using it at these temperatures.
45-55c equates to 113-131 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is normal under really heavy usage. Optimally, you'd like to keep it at 38-45c.
You may have a defective device if you regularly see temps over 80c and I would advise checking on a replacement. You might first swap out the battery for a new one and see if you get better results before doing anything else.

tap'n

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to use my temp converter to look up & convert them to Fahrenheit.
80-91c equates to 176-195 Fahrenheit and that's extremely dangerous. These temps will not only physically burn you, but will fry your phone if you continue using it at these temperatures.
45-55c equates to 113-131 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is normal under really heavy usage. Optimally, you'd like to keep it at 38-45c.
You may have a defective device if you regularly see temps over 80c and I would advise checking on a replacement. You might first swap out the battery for a new one and see if you get better results before doing anything else.

tap'n

45-55c for the CPU when I use Google chrome, Facebook and Facebook Messenger at the same time in power saving mood and between 30 mint. to 60 mint. the battery temperature becomes 38c equates to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and this device I9500 is a replacement for another device which was heating also and it's just 7 day of use.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Today's smartphones were built for multitasking, so I would contact your carrier and let then know about your over heading problem, and ask for a replacement. This replacement could very well have been a refurbished device.

tap'n

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Today's smartphones were built for multitasking, so I would contact your carrier and let then know about your over heading problem, and ask for a replacement. This replacement could very well have been a refurbished device.

tap'n
My replacement was from Samsung itself not from a Carrier.

Last edited:

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
... just when i ran AnTutu when it runs the 4 cores at the maximum frequency the temperature is between 80-91c ....
Under these conditions it's not surprising that the cpu has reached its maximum allowed temperature.
But this heat would radiate to the whole device and the battery ... which temperature had the battery at this time?

Last edited:

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Under these conditions it's not surprising that the cpu has reached its maximum allowed temperature.
But this heat would radiate to the whole device and the battery ... which temperature had the battery at this time?

36.4 C equates to 97.52
*hint: after removing the S-view cover and using the original back the heat was reduced by 2-3 c degrees.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That's a good sign Ahmed, and one I had forgotten to mention. Although, in the grand scheme of things a few degrees is not that big of a deal, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I think your first order of business today would be to call them up, explain the overheating issue and request a replacement battery. They will in turn, attempt to connect you with tech support, who will then try to "troubleshoot"; the issue with you while you're on the phone.
Explain to them that it's a replacement phone and this obviously shouldn't be happening. You might also mention, that you shouldn't be required to run your device in "power saving" mode, in order to keep it from overheating.
Explain to them you've done everything to remedy the problem before contacting them. And when they ask what you've done, (and they usually ask) tell them you've gone into recovery and cleared cache, data, and performed a factory reset. (btw....you have done this right? If not, it's worth a shot, but I don't think it will clear up this particular issue)
Stress your concern regarding these high temps and that you don't want this excess heat to ruin your device 6 months down the road. As you did here, point out temperatures when running the apps you mentioned at the same time. Tell them you'd like to try a replacement battery first, in the hopes that swapping out the battery will solve your problem. If they go for it that's great. Try that out for a week and really work the phone hard by putting it through a series of "stress tests" if you will.
Don't forget to take a number of screen shots along the way to document your findings.
Good luck & keep us updated. :thumbup:

tap'n

Ahmed Sedik

May 9, 2013
Visit site
That's a good sign Ahmed, and one I had forgotten to mention. Although, in the grand scheme of things a few degrees is not that big of a deal, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I think your first order of business today would be to call them up, explain the overheating issue and request a replacement battery. They will in turn, attempt to connect you with tech support, who will then try to "troubleshoot"; the issue with you while you're on the phone.
Explain to them that it's a replacement phone and this obviously shouldn't be happening. You might also mention, that you shouldn't be required to run your device in "power saving" mode, in order to keep it from overheating.
Explain to them you've done everything to remedy the problem before contacting them. And when they ask what you've done, (and they usually ask) tell them you've gone into recovery and cleared cache, data, and performed a factory reset. (btw....you have done this right? If not, it's worth a shot, but I don't think it will clear up this particular issue)
Stress your concern regarding these high temps and that you don't want this excess heat to ruin your device 6 months down the road. As you did here, point out temperatures when running the apps you mentioned at the same time. Tell them you'd like to try a replacement battery first, in the hopes that swapping out the battery will solve your problem. If they go for it that's great. Try that out for a week and really work the phone hard by putting it through a series of "stress tests" if you will.
Don't forget to take a number of screen shots along the way to document your findings.
Good luck & keep us updated. :thumbup:

tap'n

I performed a fctory rest and it's the same, so I will contact them next saturday as we are in a vacation and I will stress the phone from now till that day. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX