Galaxy S4 - S-Voice starts randomly

Mrzebo

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy s4. When I listen to my phone with headphones, s-voice randomly starts. If I'm listening to music or Sirius or audible books. It just starts randomly and repeatedly. Is there a fix for this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it only happens when using headphones, the problem might be your headphones. Remember that the headset sends an receives commands through the headphone port of the phone, so if your headphones are faulty or have a short or something like that, it may be triggering SVoice. But if it happens on its own at any time, it may be a faulty USB port on the phone and you'd need to replace it.

Try changing headphones and see if that helps. If you don't use SVoice at all, you can also disable it from the app manager and not have to worry about it again.

Mark at Vodafone

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem since the Android 4.4.2 update last week. Once or twice a day S-Voice turns itself on randomly when I'm not using the phone.
Very annoying having to go into settings to turn it off. Never had this problem before the update.
Any solutions?
Thanks.

Mark at Vodafone

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem, even with S-Voice turned completely off in Settings. Did you ever find a solution?

Found a solution which fixed it for me.
Go to Settings, then More, then Location, then My Places, then Car, then Select method - Tap None, OK and Save.
Now the hands-free mode does not turn on automatically.

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
hello there i have a note 3 and it has turned it self on even when the phone is locked with a pattern. the first time it happened it phone my friend and left a 10 min msg. and this morning i woke up and it was on and it some jumbled words that it thinks i said or that some one else said. i don't understand how it could turn on when the phone is locked! help!

Scott Minard

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my S4 Active. It's not the headphones. I have tried beats pro, Beats studio, and Sony headphones. It still does it. Try unplugging the headphones while music is playing and it usually stops doing it for a while

Samantha McVey

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Disabling the s voice app doesnt work. I tried that and when my headphones moves it tries to re enable itself. I hate that I just cant uninstall it completely

CleanGene17

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Found a solution which fixed it for me.
Go to Settings, then More, then Location, then My Places, then Car, then Select method - Tap None, OK and Save.
Now the hands-free mode does not turn on automatically.

It worked! Thank you so much for your post. I've been struggling with this situation for a few months.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781