Stuck in bootloop?

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I just rooted my phone and installed TWRP. I made a nandroid backup and then did a wipe of dalvik cache, system and cache. I then hit reboot and it said "it appears your phone is not rooted" even though I had already confirmed with root checker that I was indeed rooted. So I went ahead and hit "swipe to install" since it said it would install supersu and root my device. Now it won't go past the samsung galaxy s4 logo screen. How can I fix this?
Edit: Got it to boot up by restoring my nandroid. Root checker still says I have root access why was TWRP saying that I don't?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I just rooted my phone and installed TWRP. I made a nandroid backup and then did a wipe of dalvik cache, system and cache. I then hit reboot and it said "it appears your phone is not rooted" even though I had already confirmed with root checker that I was indeed rooted. So I went ahead and hit "swipe to install" since it said it would install supersu and root my device. Now it won't go past the samsung galaxy s4 logo screen. How can I fix this?
Edit: Got it to boot up by restoring my nandroid. Root checker still says I have root access why was TWRP saying that I don't?

Try flashing again, but don't do the wiping.

gimpy1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
There have been a few problems with twrp. I think I had some problems last week just like you. I finally had to do a Nan droid restore.

What worked for me (I think) was going into twrp from goo manager. For whatever reason, that seemed to make twrp work.

Also, I dl'd an older version of twrp, 2.5.0.2. Some people think it works better than the newer versions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There have been a few problems with twrp. I think I had some problems last week just like you. I finally had to do a Nan droid restore.

What worked for me (I think) was going into twrp from goo manager. For whatever reason, that seemed to make twrp work.

Also, I dl'd an older version of twrp, 2.5.0.2. Some people think it works better than the newer versions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the vid I saw was from the developer of the ROM and he specifically said to use 2.5.0.1. for Infamous. I used 2.6 for cyanogen mod and it worked flawlessly

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, can you check out my most recent thread. I need help with installing infamous rom but there's a couple different kernels and I don't know which one to use

Hard to on mobile. Most ROMs come packed with kernels.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae