Connecting to my home WIFI

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I get the same when i switch the Network Mode in router to N-Only. Don't know if it's router's or S4's fault as i must use Mixed mode anyway, but still worth to check this too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of router do you have? Is it a cable modem/router? The latter type seems to cause more problems in general.

Try accessing your router's settings using your desktop browser, and play around with the security settings. You could first try turning off security altogether--if your phone connects, then you know security is part of the problem. Then turn the router security back on, but try a different encryption mode. If it was WEP before, change to WPA. If you were on WPA before, try changing from AES to TKIP or vice-versa.

I recently installed an Arris modem/router (on Comcast), and was having problems even detecting the wifi signal from that router. I found that its security was set as some kind of combined setting, which it said was recommended, but ultimately made it difficult for any of my devices to detect. When I switched it to WPA2-PSK only, suddenly all of my devices saw it.

Posted via Android Central App

mobilenationsname

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have a similar problem;-

One of my Samsung phones cannot defect my wifi router.

The problem is not caused by a weak signal. The phone cannot detect the wifi signal even if it is beside the wireless router.
My other phones and my laptop shows the SSID and connect as normal.

The problem is that one of my phones does not detect the router. It correctly detects other wifi signals as normal, even weaker signals.
The phone correctly detects other wifi signal as normal. It is the only phone that cannot detect just this 1 wifi signal.

I down-loaded the Android app Wifi analyzer to the problem phone. That app displayed other signals as normal, but did not show my router.

What would cause 1 phone to fail to detect a wifi signal when all others detect it ?

Some background;-
The phone previously detected the signal as normal some months ago. Then I changed the wifi channel from 6 to another channel (to try out a less busy channel). I then changed the router setting back to as –was, but the phone failed to defect the router.

Even if I manually enter the router SSID and password into the phone, the phone still fails to detect the signal.
Because I have other devices set-up and working, I do not want to reset the router to factory settings.
Because I have various user settings on the phone, I do not want to reset the phone to it’s factory settings.

Ideas tried so far include;-

)Remove phone battery and put it back again.
) Switch off the router and power it up again.

Information;-
The phone is a Samsung model GT-S5570
The router is a Belkin model type F6D 4630 – 4 ver 2
The router security is set to WPA-WPA2
The phone android version is 2.2.1, build is froyo.xwke3

Any suggestions that do not involve resetting the router or the phone back to factory settings ?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting "authentication error occurred" it's 9 times out of 10 simply the WRONG PASSWORD or PASSKEY!
Enter your router config page, double check your PSA2 key, or wifi password, and try agian.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis