Someone please help!

zara1992

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me

I have just converted from an iphone 4 to a samsung galaxy s4 i9050. My wifi connections work fine however my mobile data is DODGY! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's driving me nuts! I have tested that my mobile data works by switching my wifi off and yes, it works! But then again sometimes it doesn't.
This message keeps appearing everytime my data doesn't work:
''Unable to connect to the proxy server. A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your mobile devise and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but internet can't connect to it''

When this message comes up it drives me mental. I can still make/receive calls etc. This never ever happened with my iphone 4, its very disheartening as I moved to the samsung s4 with high hopes, I'm actually thinking of switching to an iphone 5 now.
I have triple checked my mobile data settings are correct with the network, and they are clearly right otherwise the phone would never connect to the internet without wifi, and as I mentioned above the phone DOES connect, it is just very tempermental. Also my friends are all on the same network as me, they own iphones and samsung S2 and samsung s4 and they've never had that message come up.

I live in the UK and I am with tesco mobile, have been with them for the last 3 years with no problems.

Please can a very nice person help me resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me

I have just converted from an iphone 4 to a samsung galaxy s4 i9050. My wifi connections work fine however my mobile data is DODGY! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's driving me nuts! I have tested that my mobile data works by switching my wifi off and yes, it works! But then again sometimes it doesn't.
This message keeps appearing everytime my data doesn't work:
''Unable to connect to the proxy server. A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your mobile devise and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but internet can't connect to it''

When this message comes up it drives me mental. I can still make/receive calls etc. This never ever happened with my iphone 4, its very disheartening as I moved to the samsung s4 with high hopes, I'm actually thinking of switching to an iphone 5 now.
I have triple checked my mobile data settings are correct with the network, and they are clearly right otherwise the phone would never connect to the internet without wifi, and as I mentioned above the phone DOES connect, it is just very tempermental. Also my friends are all on the same network as me, they own iphones and samsung S2 and samsung s4 and they've never had that message come up.

I live in the UK and I am with tesco mobile, have been with them for the last 3 years with no problems.

Please can a very nice person help me resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Easy fix. Go to your system settings > (somewhere near wifi, bluetooth) More... > mobile network > Access point names > hit your menu button and restore default

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The connection is clearly configured to go through a proxy and not the direct APN from your network. So reset it to default. If that doesn't work, Google what should be the proper settings. If your friends with the S3 and S4 have no problems then clearly there's something wrong with your settings. If you would rather blame your phone and the company because you've "never had this problem with the iPhone", then I suggest you trade your phone in for one of the iPhones. Maybe it's perfect for your friends but not for you. Your happiness is important.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DevonMim

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
This worked for me once I had also reset my phone (not factory restore) though. Had been bugging me for weeks as I could connect to FB and Messenger but couldn't use Chrome or any shortcuts on my phone. The EE shop and customer service had no idea what was up either, so hope others find it helpful too!