Infamous S4 ROM

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the Infamous S4 ROM. It is almost done but it gives me 6 options for kernels. The first 3 are for my phone (T-Mobile S4) but I don't know which one I should use.
First says "BioShock TMO/CAN Kernel - My daily driver"
Second says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel- Great stable kernel"
Third says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel - 64gig ext friendly" I presume this last one isnt for me since my sd is only 32 gigs.
Anyone know which one to flash?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the Infamous S4 ROM. It is almost done but it gives me 6 options for kernels. The first 3 are for my phone (T-Mobile S4) but I don't know which one I should use.
First says "BioShock TMO/CAN Kernel - My daily driver"
Second says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel- Great stable kernel"
Third says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel - 64gig ext friendly" I presume this last one isnt for me since my sd is only 32 gigs.
Anyone know which one to flash?

They are all usable kernels. I would say the first or second one. Developer uses 1 as daily driver, so that is good. 2 is declared stable.. Of the 2 I would choose the 2nd one.

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
They are all usable kernels. I would say the first or second one. Developer uses 1 as daily driver, so that is good. 2 is declared stable.. Of the 2 I would choose the 2nd one.

Thanks, ended up going with that one. I can't believe it but I don't like this ROM at all. It was advertised as a lag free ROM but it lags more than stock TouchWiz and i cant modify the UI as much as i thought because the framework is incompatible according to 3minit. Not sure what it is, might have to go back to CyanogenMod.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, ended up going with that one. I can't believe it but I don't like this ROM at all. It was advertised as a lag free ROM but it lags more than stock TouchWiz and i cant modify the UI as much as i thought because the framework is incompatible according to 3minit. Not sure what it is, might have to go back to CyanogenMod.

That sucks...to each his own though. I didn't like CyanogenMod :\

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I liked Slimrom formy S3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the rom :)
If I get a rom that doesn't work would restoring a nandroid fix it? The goldeneye one looks pretty cool but it's based on the international firmware

Yes but typical rule of thumb is, if you are on a US carrier, don't flash an international ROM.

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes but typical rule of thumb is, if you are on a US carrier, don't flash an international ROM.

It's based on the international firmware but it was made for the T-Mobile variant. Its specifically made for it, not just compatible. I was just wondering if that's common. He looks like he's a well-known developer

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's based on the international firmware but it was made for the T-Mobile variant. Its specifically made for it, not just compatible. I was just wondering if that's common. He looks like he's a well-known developer

Not typically. International variants usually get better ROMs, and usually aren't ported to the US.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One of the few :) I posted the link in one of the posts above. Could you please check it out?

I know the developer says it is modified for Tmo...but I dislike the idea of ported ROMs. Its one more thing that can go wrong.

Rise Against

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I know the developer says it is modified for Tmo...but I dislike the idea of ported ROMs. Its one more thing that can go wrong.

Hmm, so you wouldn't recommend it? Wish I had a spare phone lying around to try it on XD
Ok, thanks a million for the help. Going to try slim bean tomorrow.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not typically. International variants usually get better ROMs, and usually aren't ported to the US.

Just noticed that myself, most of the TouchWiz based ROMs like Omega and Wanamlite are made for international versions only :(

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that myself, most of the TouchWiz based ROMs like Omega and Wanamlite are made for international versions only :(

Just asking, what will happen to those US phones if you flash an international ROM to it? Yea I know its a noob question.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just asking, what will happen to those US phones if you flash an international ROM to it? Yea I know its a noob question.

If it's a port it could work, if you use the file for the actual international version it could potentially brick it

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If it's a port it could work, if you use the file for the actual international version it could potentially brick it

Oh ok thanks for that. So that means the US version use a different form of encoding from the international model?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok thanks for that. So that means the US version use a different form of encoding from the international model?

Yes, the firmware is different since the hardware is different (Quad-core vs Octa-core for example)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance