gs4 play store and battery life problems

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So the girlfriend's s4 is running into a few problems. As a tech guy myself I try to diagnose these problems to no avail. And before I get started, rooting is not an option. So first the play store stopped working. You click on it and it opens and closes right away. My troubleshooting: reboot phone. Clear play store data/cache. Uninstall updates. Download/install latest apk off the internet. I would do each of these things separately a couple times and when I'd open the app after doing so, it would load and then quit after I clicked on something. Any other tech geeks have any other suggestions before I wipe her phone?
Next, battery life. It sucks. Can't figure out why. Better battery stats doesn't show anything abnormal and all the touchwiz crap is turned off. Just data is on. No GPS or NFC or anything like that. Once again, any suggestions before I wipe it will be greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Also clear cache and data for the Google play services. Delete the Gmail account from your settings/accounts. Reboot. Maybe need to clear data and cache for play store and services again, then readd your account.
You may also want to try clearing cache and dalvik from your recovery.
Hope some of that works for you.
For the battery, location services will drain it fast if you have those on in your maps and apps, I also turn off all those error reporting and anonymous data collecting settings per app. Keep the screen brightness low when you can.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Also clear cache and data for the Google play services. Delete the Gmail account from your settings/accounts. Reboot. Maybe need to clear data and cache for play store and services again, then readd your account.
You may also want to try clearing cache and dalvik from your recovery.
Hope some of that works for you.
For the battery, location services will drain it fast if you have those on in your maps and apps, I also turn off all those error reporting and anonymous data collecting settings per app. Keep the screen brightness low when you can.

Very good suggestions, thank you. Also, I did clear data and cache from Google play services and rebooted but that didn't help. I'll try removing the account. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae