Setting SD card as my default storage.

Becky_920

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone tell me how I can change my Samsung Galaxy S4's default storage to SD card and not device? Or is it even possible? I just got this S4 3 days ago transferring from a different carrier and I've been trying since with no luck. :( Please and thank you.
Becky

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, you can't globally set the SD card as default storage. It's app specific. For example, you can usually choose SD card as default for most camera apps.

Becky_920

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok. Yeah I figured as much. I've already done that. And I just moved all files to my SD card. And from what I've heard there's really no way to do it. So I'm just stuck doing it manually. But thanks!

gimpy1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think it is pretty sorry of a company to sell you a (in my case, anyway) 16 gig phone with an sd card slot, then make it near impossible to use that sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think it is pretty sorry of a company to sell you a (in my case, anyway) 16 gig phone with an sd card slot, then make it near impossible to use that sd card.

It's actually fairly easy to use the SD card for many things, including actually moving apps to it if they are compliant, and you have the right ROM version. By default your SD will not be the "go to" storage for anything since not every person has or uses the SD. Internal storage is always there and everything is set to save or store there by design.

Here's a good thread discussing moving apps to your SD...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-update-moving-apps-sd-card-now-possible.html

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've found that photos and music are all I really need to put on the SD card. 8GB is plenty of room for the app data I have (I have 6.57GB free) and that's with a little over 100 apps listed in my Play Store account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca