.MP3 extention being saved as .MP3;

Ricky844

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Recently got a new galaxy S4 and today downloaded a couple of mp3 files which the S4 did not open by stating " Cannot open file"
After investigating a bit i found out that the device is saving the files as .MP3; (it puts ; as extra) instead of .MP3 which causes the device not to recognize the file type.
Downloading the same files on my laptop it downloads correct (i.e. with the correct .MP3 extension)

Has any one had this before or knows how to change it?

Thanks in advance.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Recently got a new galaxy S4 and today downloaded a couple of mp3 files which the S4 did not open by stating " Cannot open file"
After investigating a bit i found out that the device is saving the files as .MP3; (it puts ; as extra) instead of .MP3 which causes the device not to recognize the file type.
Downloading the same files on my laptop it downloads correct (i.e. with the correct .MP3 extension)

Has any one had this before or knows how to change it?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried to drag the files with the correct extension into your phone? Or does it automatically change it to the .mp3; extension?

Ricky844

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
When files are dragged from my computer to my phone the extension stays correct and the file plays correct but if you download the file using the phone the file extension is saved as .mp3; I tried change the extension but the phone would not allow me to change the file extension

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
When files are dragged from my computer to my phone the extension stays correct and the file plays correct but if you download the file using the phone the file extension is saved as .mp3; I tried change the extension but the phone would not allow me to change the file extension

I mean have you tried to drag the files with correct extension from your computer to your phone?

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with pdf files. The stock my files app will not let you change the extension. Download Astro file manager and that will let you change the extension.