Help with S4 text - email, please!

Amie Purcell

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got a samsung galaxy s4 and thought nothing of the SMS sync setting, finding it easy to ignore and not worth looking for a solution too. That was until it forwarded some of these synced texts, by itself, to one of my friends who became worried and asked me what was happening and if I'd sent them on purpose. The sent texts were from an argument too, so they were very personal and very embarrassing. I couldn't find the emails in the sent box, or any setting that would suggest why it was sent to her and not someone else. I'm worried it could have been sent to more people in my contacts (which is synced with facebook - meaning it could be anyone.) I turned off the SMS Sync feature and for the time being deleted my email account off the stock email app but I really don't want to be stuck with a phone which I'm too worried to use fully for the sake of my privacy.

If anyone has any idea why the texts might have been sent by email to someone else, or what to do to stop it it would be greatly appreciated.

- Very embarrassed user.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
What SMS sync feature? I haven't encountered this and if you mean the SMS sync feature on Facebook, that is not an S4 feature but a Facebook feature. Meaning the best way to avoid it anyway is to turn SMS syncing with Facebook Messenger off. It complicates things.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Amie Purcell

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It was the SMS sync feature on the stock app. It all seems to be resolved now that I've turned it off and deleted all my accounts off that app. I use AquaMail now, it's a lot better and doesn't email anyone my texts ;)
Thanks for the help!