- 244 Posts
On the S4, there are certain Samsung apps, including the new Optical Reader that comes with the VRUDMI1 update, that require a Samsung account in order to use. I'm telling myself that I'm not ready to give yet another tech company access to my life. But I really want to try the Optical Reader, which could be useful in my work. So I'm curious to hear from others who have experience with Samsung accounts. Do they get intrusive? Samsung wants an e-mail address to sign up--do you get spam? Or am I just being paranoid?
- 10-23-2013, 11:15 AM #2
- 196 Posts
Re: Samsung accounts
I have a Samsung account and they haven't sent me any advertisements in my email. I don't remember if I there was a box that I left unticked saying they will send me promotions and stuff... Just take the setup slow and if there is, make sure you untick it.
P. S. You might be a bit paranoid.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- By Loatwec in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)Replies: 4Last Post: 11-30-2013, 04:07 AM
- By JKovach1227 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 6Last Post: 11-19-2013, 02:19 PM
- By ccpopham in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:57 PM
- By The SPCS Guy in forum Chargers and BatteriesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM
- By Chinaka Pierre in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:58 AM