- 2 Posts
S4/Laptop connectivity issue.
My problem is whenever I try to connect my S4 to my laptop (Windows 7), I hear that sound PCs make whenever a USB is connected to it, and my phone starts charging (so I know it's connected). But nothing else shows up on my PC. No autoplay. No "click to view folders". Nothing.
I can't transfer data because, well, I have nothing to transfer it to.
I tried changing cables, switched from MTP to PTP (and back) but still nothing.
It did, however, work when I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but I have to keep repeating that everytime I need to transfer something, and quite frankly, it's very bothersome.
I know of kies but I don't have wifi everywhere I go so I'd prefer to use the USB cable.
(First time using android, don't really know much about it)
- 10-24-2013, 06:43 AM #2
- 242 Posts
Re: S4/Laptop connectivity issue.
I was puzzled by this when I first moved to the S4 from an earlier Android phone. I was expecting it to show up as a drive on the PC. What happens is that it does do so briefly (so you hear the USB connecting sound), and then after a minute or so becomes simply a device attached to the PC. You can see it in Explorer under Computer, listed under its device name, the default being SCH-I545.
BTW, you also don't have to use a special procedure to disconnect it. You can just unplug it (though I still take a deep breath when I do so!).
- 10-24-2013, 07:22 AM #3
- 2 Posts
Last edited by Razuba; 10-24-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Saved~
- By fibronet in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2013, 02:16 AM
- By JFish92 in forum Moto XReplies: 2Last Post: 10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
- By longtime44 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
- By jackdashack in forum Xoom Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM
- By Trixie O in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:09 PM