Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 - unable to set custom ringtone

Hi,

I need some help on setting my ringtone.

I just updated my S4 to the latest 4.3. Previously, I had no problem setting custom music ringtones. However, with the latest 4.3, every time i select a custom mp3 ringtone,my phone will revert back to the default horizon ringtone. My music is all on the internal memory and has never happened in my previous updates.

Help anyone?

Angry Re: Galaxy S4 - unable to set custom ringtone

Same problem.
    I am looking for a solution for 2 hours without success.
    I converted to OGG, same settings and can not get my ring.

Thank you if you have a solution to communicate.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - unable to set custom ringtone

Add the ringtone into the "Notification" folder on your phone.

I have the same problem... How do you add a ringtone to notifications? I don't have that option...

Quote Originally Posted by marttinna View Post
    I have the same problem... How do you add a ringtone to notifications? I don't have that option...

I just switched to a Galaxy s4 & had the same problem. I downloaded an app called Ringroid that has all kinds of ringtones. When I found the one I wanted for my notifications, I played it to make sure it was what I wanted. I then clicked on the SD card icon at the top of the page. Another window popped up asking if I wanted it as a ringtone or contact. I didn't want either, but there is a smaller window with an arrow in the corner. I clicked on it and it gave me the option to use it as a notification ringtone. It gave me an error message so I tried again and received a message it had been done successfully.

To make sure it was on my phone, I clicked on Settings, Sounds and then the Notifications default ringtone. The ringtone I wanted had been add to the list of default ringtones on my phone. Woo hoo!

The option is not directly in the phone. It is on the computer. Once you have connected the phone to your laptop via USB, open your file browser and look for your phone in the connected devices. In the phone folder, you'll find both \ringtones and \notifications folders. You can transfer files with drag & drop or copy-paste.

I have just found out how to set music as a ringtone after the latest update. Go to settings, my device, press easy mode. Press standard then the done button. Your phone should go back to how it looked before the update (update is still active). Then go to music. Select the song you want. Press the options button bottom left of phone and select set as ringtone. If it doesnt come up at the bottom. Look at the very top right of the screen you should see three dots press it and the set as option should be there. Hope this helps everyone ☺

Alert tones for messages on my (rooted) S4 mini are in Device/Media/Notifications. Just add your audio files there and they should show up when you go into Contact/Message Alert. (Message Alert uses a different folder to Ringtones). Worked for me.

Alert tones for messages on my (rooted) S4 mini are in Device/Media/Notifications. Just add your audio files there and they should show up when you go into Contact/Message Alert. (Message Alert uses a different folder to Ringtones). Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury Morales View Post
    Add the ringtone into the "Notification" folder on your phone.
    Thanks. Just recently got a Android and this helped out a lot. I also added to the ring tone folder