GALAXY S4 not detected BUT charging when connected to Machine

tharangarox

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have encountered this problem after buying my new phone two days ago, when i connected the S4 to my PC it's only charging but not detecting as a MTP? mass storage mode, even in device manager of my PC it's not detected. but all other phones are working fine(my S3 and HTC EVO ).. pls help me guys

P.S: I even activated developer mode and several times uninstalled both kies and drivers but nothing seems to help
Even i downloaded latest drivers and installed still problem persists

tharangarox

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Identified the problem , when connecting to windows7 piece of cake but problem still persists on windows 8

I have encountered this problem after buying my new phone two days ago, when i connected the S4 to my PC it's only charging but not detecting as a MTP? mass storage mode, even in device manager of my PC it's not detected. but all other phones are working fine(my S3 and HTC EVO ).. pls help me guys

P.S: I even activated developer mode and several times uninstalled both kies and drivers but nothing seems to help
Even i downloaded latest drivers and installed still problem persists

ranajit saha

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You didn't answer how you fixed this problem. My Galaxy 4 Mini has the same problem. What did you do?

Try with another USB port of your PC which comes directly from the motherboard of your PC. It worked for me. I think it's the problem of USB version.

Posted from Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Assuming drivers updated, always connect phone with the home screen active, never in lock screen. If fails, then reboot phone connected to the pc, it should be detected now. Always work for me that way.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

irishmikeh

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for your fast response & suggestions, sorry I got lost for a couple days. I am still unsuccessful, let me give you a little history. I purchased & received a new Verizon Samsung S4 Mini 4-6 weeks ago, running Android version 4.2.2. My 1st time with a "smart phone". Also purchased a 64G Micro SD card with arrived 3 weeks later. Never has my computer running the 32 bit windows 7 Pro recognized my phone while charging the battery through it. I have downloaded Kies 3 times, each time preceded by deleting all Samsung drivers. I have primarily used the USB cable provided with the phone, although have tested other cables with no change of effect. I use a USB expander giving me 6 extra ports, but was instructed to try removing it, then check the phone. Rebooted the computer this time only using 2 USB ports, one for the cable to hook up the phone with & one for the mouse, no change in results. I have even removed my micro SD Card to verify it would be recognised when inserting a a reader. The computer recognized this. As you can see by the length of time for me to respond, this issue isn't extremely high on my things to do, yet I do want results. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks. Mike

ranajit saha

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Then contact Samsung service centre or your carrier about this. Before that you try with another pc to make yourself sure if it's the problem of pc.

Posted from Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca