oct. galaxy 4 update

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased this phone a few weeks ago...GORGEOUS screen with nicely colored apps...whether on sd card or internal.
now after the update. I can barely tell what the greyed out apps are and it looks hideous on a a phone with such a beautiful screen (potential)
Surprise. ..I hate looking at my phone now!
How can this be fixed while still leaving those apps on sd card...just as they were before the dreadful update?
I'm getting to where, every time there's an update. ...I have to wonder what all will be screwed up. Exactly why I left Motorola for good after they ruined the droid razr maxx update last march shortly after getting it.
ruined so many things-!
Now this? Plz fix.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased this phone a few weeks ago...GORGEOUS screen with nicely colored apps...whether on sd card or internal.
now after the update. I can barely tell what the greyed out apps are and it looks hideous on a a phone with such a beautiful screen (potential)
How can this be fixed while still leaving those apps on sd card...just as they were before the dreadful update?
I'm getting to where, every time there's an update. ...I have to wonder what all will be screwed up. Exactly why I left Motorola for good after they ruined the droid razr maxx update last march shortly after getting it.
ruined so many things-!
Now this? Plz fix.

I'm sure the major reason you are not getting any answers to your question is: We don't know what you talking about... or at least I don't. I read your full statement, then read it again, and I still don't know what the issue is. You say you can barely tell what the greyed out apps are... what greyed out apps? How are they greyed out? Can you give us a screen shot of the screens that have greyed out apps?

Other pieces of good information... what carrier do you have (Verizon, Sprint, someone in Canada, some where in Europe)? Are you using a 3rd party launcher or stock from Samsung?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the major reason you are not getting any answers to your question is: We don't know what you talking about... or at least I don't. I read your full statement, then read it again, and I still don't know what the issue is. You say you can barely tell what the greyed out apps are... what greyed out apps? How are they greyed out? Can you give us a screen shot of the screens that have greyed out apps?

Other pieces of good information... what carrier do you have (Verizon, Sprint, someone in Canada, some where in Europe)? Are you using a 3rd party launcher or stock from Samsung?

+1. Please clarify what you're asking OP

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Adam Goodison

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
ruined so many things-!
Now this? Plz fix.

My guess is that the op put apps on the sd card however the phone had a conflict with the card and now they are unavailable due to the corruption.

Posted via Android Central App

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Before the update all the aps were normal and colorful even tho I had several apps moved to sd card first thing when I got it and was great for weeks. Immediately after the update....all apps that I I have on sd card no longer have color....its greyed out and says sd on the app and you really have to read closely what app you're looking for and its unsightly. I also saw this listed by someone else the same day it happened to me....so I know I'm not alone.
was hoping it would fix after reboot..nothing. the app still works...theres just no color and picture. ..very hard to read read without the actual colored app. I'm stumped. I'm not sure how to get a pic of it on here to show u ? Sorry I'm not explaining it better...it's just so odd and unsightly especially next to the colorful picture app instead of a dark spot that says sd card and in small lettering you can read what you're trying to open. No more look and click. :(
Thanks for trying to help.

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm not more clear describing this. And its a verizon galaxy 4. They work fine but no colorful pic as normal like it was right before the update.

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope...app opens up up just fine...after u are sure its it's the right app.
I'm jus now now trying to remove the dark apps and have replaced them from the lower and replacing the others...so far they look normal again. They're only bad on the home screens. ..the ones not on home screen stil look normal with picture and colored app. Hoping this will be an easier fix than I was fearing. Wish I was better at describing them but I used the same way to explain it as the other person that had posted (somewhere about the very same thing after update several days ago). Wish me luck, as I find it hard to believe this is even is staying a picture with color. .so odd..

Adam Goodison

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope...app opens up up just fine...after u are sure its it's the right app.
I'm jus now now trying to remove the dark apps and have replaced them from the lower and replacing the others...so far they look normal again. They're only bad on the home screens. ..the ones not on home screen stil look normal with picture and colored app. Hoping this will be an easier fix than I was fearing. Wish I was better at describing them but I used the same way to explain it as the other person that had posted (somewhere about the very same thing after update several days ago). Wish me luck, as I find it hard to believe this is even is staying a picture with color. .so odd..

I know exactly what you mean by them being greyed out on the homescreen.. However when it happens to me it says app isn't installed and I just restart to fix.

Posted via Android Central App

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad somebody is able to understand my unusual way of explaining my issue...only difference is even though they were greyed out...they still performed fine. was just ugky, unsightly and hard to see.
I have finally had a breakthrough(for now)
I removed the "bad" ones from home screen then just brought the original down in app storage and replaced the others. So far so good.
Now that I git that figured out....my side pull out handy app thing on the left that pulls out to expose your favorite apps, has now disappeared- bad part is, I can't remember what I did to get it there to begin with...I was just messing around with stuff after I git it and it just popped up and now I'm missing THAT...lol.
Phone problems. ..lol!
Thanks for all the input...hopefully the app/sd home screen issue is solved.
:)

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad somebody is able to understand my unusual way of explaining my issue...only difference is even though they were greyed out...they still performed fine. was just ugky, unsightly and hard to see.
I removed the "bad" ones from home screen then just brought the original down in app storage and replaced the others. So far so good.
Now that I git that figured out....my side pull out handy app thing on the left that pulls out to expose your favorite apps, has now disappeared- bad part is, I can't remember what I did to get it there to begin with...I was just messing around with stuff after I git it and it just popped up and now I'm missing THAT...lol.
Phone problems. ..lol!

Turn on the multi window function that's what that slide out is for.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

wricks

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is not unusual after an update since the default install location is the internal card. Just remove the greyed out icon and replace it with the one from your app drawer and you'll be good.

For the multi window, just press and hold the back button. The tab will reappear.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Still NO screenshots of what it is you are talking about, or trying to communicate... How about showing all of us? I have never seen this issue and have no idea what it is you are trying to say... do you know how to take a screenshot? Do you need help trying to attach a screenshot to this thread?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone problems. ..lol!

Are you talking about multi window? If so long press back.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I do do apologize. .I don't know how to to take a screen shot. I've barely had time to get to know my phone yet, due to recent hospital stay/surgery/meds kept me conking out every time I attempted to read up on my manual...lol. one thing I already see is that this phone does so many many amazing things. ..I'm almost feeling overwhelmed. ..not complaining tho....just wish I had the time to use it to its full full potential which sounds to be pretty amazing.
As it is now, I no longer have the darked out apps on my home screen. I deleted them and just brought them back up to the home screen from the apps below and so far...so good. Today I am trouble free...tomorrow may be a different story!
Thanks! :)

dazyjayne

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I had to shut that off then turned on again and all was good. May have accidentally killed it with an app killer...not sure since it still appeared to be on before I shut it down and clicked it on again. Happy camper now and appreciate all input. This would've helped me immediately had I not tried it after making the post and messing around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18