Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

JRechis

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm have the folder doesn't close automatically issue. Other than that it's running good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

mesas

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue w/ music player popping up constantly.... that's why I am on here trying to find a fix for it... any luck with a fix?
I haven't found anything that works, if you do, please let me know. Maybe they're working on a fix for all these problems and will send another update.

mesas

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with it popping up what worked for me is I went to the settings menu and select more Then click Application Manager click "all" and scroll down to the Samsung music player click on it and press turn off un select the notifications and force stop. So far that worked.
When I go to the app info, it doesn't let me access turn off or uncheck show notifications, they're both grayed out.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seeing the screen flash bright or white real quick at times? Mine seems to do it now when I first pull down the notification bar. I'm really wishing I didn't update to 4.3

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's a new one:

If I turn the GPS on and then turn it off, it still shows in the battery graph as still being on. I don't think it is because the box is unchecked and there doesn't seem to be an additional battery drain. If I reboot the phone, the GPS bar graph discontinues.

Not a major issue but an issue nonetheless.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

John Jarreau

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having that same issues with the samsung Music player appearing at the same times you are. I went to Best Buy and spoke with the samsung Rep there and she reinstalled 4.3, but was of no help. She had no idea what was the cause and suggested I take it to Sprint. Please post if you find an answer. Have not found Sprint local reps to be helpful very much in the past.

diab0lik

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Have the same annoying music player problem...finally turned it off...will see if that works.

Another strange, and bigger issue for me though is rocket player. For some reason it doesn't output audio when playing over Bluetooth. It plays the song (slider shows progress) but no audio makes it to my cars Bluetooth. Playing audio from other players and sources works just fine. Also had this issue once or twice via headphones but not in a few days.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Have the same annoying music player problem...finally turned it off...will see if that works.

Another strange, and bigger issue for me though is rocket player. For some reason it doesn't output audio when playing over Bluetooth. It plays the song (slider shows progress) but no audio makes it to my cars Bluetooth. Playing audio from other players and sources works just fine. Also had this issue once or twice via headphones but not in a few days.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

I've had the same problem. I just assumed that only the stock Samsung music app would work over Bluetooth. I'll be interested if there's a way to get the Rocket Player app to work with Bluetooth.

diab0lik

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I can confirm that Google play music as well as mx player and YouTube all work over bt.

Also FWIW since turning off Samsung music I have nit had another pop-up...yet. Haven't been in the car again yet to test any impact in rocket player.

Hitesh Bhardwaj

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I could get my play store to load either all you have to do is go into your google accounts setting and make it that you can receive offer and update via email tick and and it should be good to go

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
With so many mixed reviews I'm a little apprehensive about installing the latest update! I like how things are working right now!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

K9palmer

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The update on my GS4 has been horrible. Screen freezes for short moments. The worst is my files. Deleted file reappear and I can't download torrents. After download the files won't play. This is insane. I did a factory reset and nothing. Any help would be great. It sux we can't remove and go back to 4.2.2
Not happy. My phone is sad.

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That is similar to what is happening to me.. about 4 hours after the update to 4.3, every time I launch the phone (app) it freezes and crashes with the message that "Unfortunately Contacts have stopped" I already did a reset and after another day it is crashing again.. Please tell me I do not have to do another reset.

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That is similar to what is happening to me.. about 4 hours after the update to 4.3, every time I launch the phone (app) it freezes and crashes with the message that "Unfortunately Contacts have stopped" I already did a reset and after another day it is crashing again.. Please tell me I do not have to do another reset.

I upgraded my S4 to Android 4.3 and when I try to look up a phone number in contacts in the phone mode it crashes. I get error message saying contacts has stopped working.

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Same thing.
Sorry for all the replies this is very upsetting..

I have the same problem. When I click the green PHONE button, I can not dial anything using the keypad (it is non-responsive) and then I get the "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" error message.

Last edited:

omehasan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I recently updated my S4 I9505 to 4.3 and didn't get the wallet. And also Google Music Play keeps running on background even after force closing. Any solution for this please?

Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech