Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

smokeymokey

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am continuing to have this issue as well. I've tried the factory reset and it works for anywhere from one to three days, then begins the Contacts crash every time the phone/dialer is opened. I have found a way to clear it without the factory reset. Any dialer/contact app (I used Contacts+) that allows you to clear the recent call log will do. Clear the call log with the other app and then uninstall the app and you should be good to go for a few days. I am going to try keeping the additional app to see if it returns. I wish there was an easier way to clear the recent call list but since the original keeps freezing, this is all I can come up with. Is everyone having this issue on verizon?

Posted via Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 4.3 then factory reset, now all my songs show double and the ringtone I used for texting which was join hangouts isn't on the ringtones list. Any ideas how to fix?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app

cassanovaan2000

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

cassanovaan2000

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. That music player is driving me crazy.
Also when I'm connected to my wifi I cant play any online video on youtube or facebook, and I can't use Pandora either.it works fine when I'm on my carrier's network.
That update is annoying ...
If somebody could help it will be great ...

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to Samsung Tech Support last night after my phone had the same issue with the Phone App after 3 resets. She suggested that I go to a Best Buy ( with a Samsung Experience booth) and have them re-flash the OS. She said since Verizon pushes out the update over the network that sometimes it does not complete and issues pop up. The reset does just that, it does not re-flash the OS...

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Did not work.. but since I was still in the return period they set me up with a new S4. By the time I got home it was already installing the update. Let's see what happens this time...
stay tuned.

I spoke to Samsung Tech Support last night after my phone had the same issue with the Phone App after 3 resets. She suggested that I go to a Best Buy ( with a Samsung Experience booth) and have them re-flash the OS. She said since Verizon pushes out the update over the network that sometimes it does not complete and issues pop up. The reset does just that, it does not re-flash the OS...

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the update this morning after forcing it by deleting the data from google framework services. so far everything is running smooth. I did have to reset some of my app settings but other than that it's been ok. No factory reset just a restart of the phone when the upgrade was completed. Then one more restart just for kicks and grins.

Beast Rake

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday.
Today I discovered that 2 out of 3 S Health widgets were missing, both in their page and in the widget list page.
Is it possible to bring them back?

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Having issues getting the 4.3 update on my completely stock, never rooted, mf3, ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337). I un-froze all apps and have advanced the date multiple times and still have had no luck. I'm located in central NY.

Any suggestions on what else I could try???

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Having issues getting the 4.3 update on my completely stock, never rooted, mf3, ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337). I un-froze all apps and have advanced the date multiple times and still have had no luck. I'm located in central NY.

Any suggestions on what else I could try???

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Set your date up a few days, that's how I got the update.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch