Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

jll52

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I've just updated my S4 to 4.3 yesterday, and like everyone else, I tried out KNOX, which I thought could help me... It turned my life and phone into a nightmare..

I couldn't exit KNOX, and I couldn't type in the browser as well... So I tried rebooting my phone, and I thought, hey, this is going to work... Wrong answer.

I rebooted, and as usual it starts. But it won't. It would go to an empty lockscreen, and then words at the bottom keep popping up "No apps can perform this action", and goes to a somewhat bootloop. It would go to the lockscreen, I couldn't do anything since everything is empty, and then go back to the flashing SAMSUNG logo, then go back to the homescreen, and it goes on and on...

Did you ever find fix for this? I'm having a similar issue. If I want the phone to start, I have to remove the SD card and only insert it after the boot process. As far as I'm aware I don't have anything on there that should interfere.

Dave SGS4

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Since the Update to my Sprint Galaxy S4 Yesterday my phone will not run at ALL with the WIFI on - everytime I try to enable the wifi the Message comes across about an application trying to access my phone and has been blocked (unrooted) then the phone proceeds to restart and if you don't shut the wifi off immediately the phone gets the message and restarts again, after long press on the message ( got lucky once ) it was the Knox Notification Manager app. Clearing the app doesn't fix and you cant turn it off???? the Update 4.3 is Causing major problems for me because I use the phone for work! Turn off the wifi and the phone works fine but limited due to the wifi issue, Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated. Also have already tried the Clear Google Framework Manager cache and Data, still same problem!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a nice Verizon rep. Although we couldn't completely fix my issues he did have me go into recovery mode and select "wipe cache partition"... So far wifi stays connected and phone definitely seems snappier. Hopefully patch or update will happen soon.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just downloaded 4.3 and as of now I've I lost my mobile data toggle on the top of the screen when you pull it down, it also vibrates intermediately even though I haven't received a message, kinda annoying and also lost all my wifi connection passwords I have to reconnect

On the good side over 300 Megs of disk space and it does seem faster, as I keep using it I'll share other things I notice

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

radzabb

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed since the update that the shortcut menu when you pull the screen down is missing a few of the options....I can no longer use my phone as a personal hotspot is anyone else having this problem?

NoMod

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

I believe that the music player is invoked whenever an alert, ringtone, alarm or any sound is generated. I get the same thing from time to time. I fix it by swiping downward to get the Notification screen, then click the 'X' at the right side of the music player to kill the app.

NoMod

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My issue, since upgrading to 4.3, is that when I file e-mails, a folder that has subfolders is always collapsed, even if I just expanded it to file a message into one of its subfolders. I've pressed the "Show all folders" option, to no avail.

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree with most people here that this update is causing more problems than actually fixing any. Don't fix what aint broke. I've had immediate problems with my phone the moment the OS update finished. All my contacts were gone, apps were freezing, my lock screen freezing and it did take a few resets for the phone to fix itself. Luckily I never had to do a factory reset to fix the problems and I don't seem to be having any of the music player, wifi, or home screen folder problem.

However, one thing that really bugs me is for whatever reason this update deleted the "Mobile Network" quick short cut on the swipe down control panel. The panel where you have quick access to turning your wifi on/off, gps, bluetooth, etc etc. It was nice to have that short cut since if I wanted to save my data and use wifi instead, I could quickly turn my data off without having to navigate through the settings. Luckily I was playing around with my phone again and one of my apps, battery guru has a mobile data widget that you can easily turn it on or off so that seems to have solved my problem. But I just don't understand why Samsung would remove it in the first place.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree with most people here that this update is causing more problems than actually fixing any. Don't fix what aint broke. I've had immediate problems with my phone the moment the OS update finished. All my contacts were gone, apps were freezing, my lock screen freezing and it did take a few resets for the phone to fix itself. Luckily I never had to do a factory reset to fix the problems and I don't seem to be having any of the music player, wifi, or home screen folder problem.

However, one thing that really bugs me is for whatever reason this update deleted the "Mobile Network" quick short cut on the swipe down control panel. The panel where you have quick access to turning your wifi on/off, gps, bluetooth, etc etc. It was nice to have that short cut since if I wanted to save my data and use wifi instead, I could quickly turn my data off without having to navigate through the settings. Luckily I was playing around with my phone again and one of my apps, battery guru has a mobile data widget that you can easily turn it on or off so that seems to have solved my problem. But I just don't understand why Samsung would remove it in the first place.

Samsung didn't remove the mobile data toggle, your carrier did. It's still available on Verizon and several other carrier phones after the 4.3 update.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung didn't remove the mobile data toggle, your carrier did. It's still available on Verizon and several other carrier phones after the 4.3 update.

Yep its still available on U.S. Cellular.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app

Jon Tresko

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here... When typing a name into SMS recipient in botht he Stock SMS app + Google Hangouts updated SMS, I'm only getting the recipients email address, if they show up @ all. However, if I type the number, I get the contact. If I click the contact icon and search for the contact, I can find them and select text, but this is all counter-intuitive (back-asswards) and just not really acceptable.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I accidently updated because the notification would pop up on my phone 20 times a day it seemed. I'm just hoping for the best. I did a restart soon after it updated and started up. I don't want to go through a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463