Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

Dean Cull

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to the Android world, and to this forum so please bear with me
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) about 3 months ago and i love it. will never go back.
I was running Android 4.2.2 and things were beautiful.
Yesterday i updated to Android 4.3 and since then things have not been so great.
The phone is slow to respond with swipes, opening apps etc.
It just seems generally sluggish and slow, bot like before, seems like allot of memory is being used.
i clear the memory and close open apps, but it doesn't seem to help.

please help
thank you

Syahand

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya... after the update to 4.3 my touchwiz home have problem .. and my phone not smooth as b4

Posted via Android Central App

chaszone

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the voice to text button on the keyboard anymore. Is anyone else missing that? I have been going through the setting and i'm not seeing it there either.

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I am rooted on 4.2.2 using the Xposed Framework. After seeing all the issues on 4.3, I will not be updating. This update seems very rushed. Not much benefit in my opinion. I'll wait for the next 4.3 build.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I am rooted on 4.2.2 using the Xposed Framework. After seeing all the issues on 4.3, I will not be updating. This update seems very rushed. Not much benefit in my opinion. I'll wait for the next 4.3 build.
Rushed? It took them 3 months to update while others got it in less than 2 months. Everyone who got the VZW update yesterday said the lag is completely gone...

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't experienced any major issues yet since updating earlier, and I've been using the phone heavily all morning. I think some people tend to forget that most OS updates have a brief shakedown period. Short of boot loops, bricking, major functionality issues, any little glitches or lags in the first few days might simply be normal settling in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

isonno

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
On my VZW Galaxy S4, I noticed the "Driving Mode" has totally changed. First, it's called "Hands Free" mode now. Second, it no longer automatically auto-activates when it connects to my car's Bluetooth. In fact, the facility for setting that up is gone now. It's not a deal breaker, but I did find it useful. Has anybody else noticed this?

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the voice to text button on the keyboard anymore. Is anyone else missing that? I have been going through the setting and i'm not seeing it there either.

Make sure that whatever screen you're currently on does NOT have a voice-to-text icon anywhere on the screen. If it does, then it's not going to be on the keyboard as well as it would be redundant. A good example would be Google Search or the Chrome omnibox.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having a texting issue.
When i try to put in persons name it is coming up with a email address and not there phone #.
How can I fix this.

Thanks,

kushalbb

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar issues with text messages. In fact most of my contacts do not show up in the recipient list at all. Any help ??

hogan519

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My issue is with my Hotmail. After the update my fonts while typing an email are now small and cant be increased. Also my signature is ridiculously small now. When I adjust the font size it increases everything in email except for what I'm typing.

Any ideas on a fix?

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The only quirk I've found so far is when I connect to my home WiFi network, a notification pops up that "unauthorized access to a secure part of the phone has been blocked"

My WiFi connection is still good and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions other than I have to swipe away the notification.

I did download and install Knox but I immediately uninstalled it when it became clear that exiting Knox mode was kicking me back to TouchWiz UI instead of Nova Launcher.

Dean Cull

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
it seems all my issues and sluggishness was fixed with the factory reset.
not sure if it will help and i know its a pain, but its always nice to start fresh with a new version of the OS.

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
it seems all my issues and sluggishness was fixed with the factory reset.
not sure if it will help and i know its a pain, but its always nice to start fresh with a new version of the OS.

I'm new to droid, what will I lose when I do this, everything except contacts? I know this will sound stupid but being with Apple for 4 yrs it was all I knew. So is there a way to back up your pics and docs on a PC prior to a reset so you can reinstall after? Of is there an app that with back up stuff like that? My music and camera pics are on my micro sd card so should I remove the card prior to a reboot and reinstall after?

Sorry people, like I said, Apple is all I ever had prior to my S4, thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000