Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

Mine did that, too. I deleted all the data in that app and that fixed it.
I'm also getting an intermittent error code from TuneWiki.

dnjobe

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

Having the exact same issue. Tried force stopping app, erasing cache, reset something... nothing is working. Still pops up in status bar every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. Not to mention my battery seems to be having the life sucked out of it much quicker than before...

tonyo906

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my S4 to Android 4.3 and when I try to look up a phone number in contacts in the phone mode it crashes. I get error message saying contacts has stopped working.

jlnoell

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The only quirk I've found so far is when I connect to my home WiFi network, a notification pops up that "unauthorized access to a secure part of the phone has been blocked"

My WiFi connection is still good and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions other than I have to swipe away the notification.

I did download and install Knox but I immediately uninstalled it when it became clear that exiting Knox mode was kicking me back to TouchWiz UI instead of Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I had that problem with KNOX taking me back to the standard launcher instead of APEX. I fixed that by setting APEX as the default launcher in the APEX settings. Nova also has a setting to do that.

The problem I had with KNOX was that the Google Keyboard did not work in it so I switched back to SwiftKey which does work. But it does work fine for me for corporate exchange email use.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar issues with text messages. In fact most of my contacts do not show up in the recipient list at all. Any help ??
Mine did the same thing after my update. I closed messaging and opened my contacts, mainly because I was afraid they had disappeared (they hadn't); anyway, I closed contacts and re-opened the messaging all of the names had re-appeared. Good luck and I hope this helps.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having a texting issue.
When i try to put in persons name it is coming up with a email address and not there phone #.
How can I fix this.

Thanks,

I was having the same issue. I powered off my phone and when I turned it back on it was fine.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung GS4

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted on 4.2.2 using the Xposed Framework. After seeing all the issues on 4.3, I will not be updating. This update seems very rushed. Not much benefit in my opinion. I'll wait for the next 4.3 build.

I'm having no issues at all with mine.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung GS4

Dean Cull

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 di the same thing with the phone and contact app.
the only solution i found was to factory reset, but if you back up everything don't restore the call logs there seems to be a bug where restoring call logs jams up the phone and contacts app causing it to crash.... but otherwise phone is not brilliant.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Having the exact same issue. Tried force stopping app, erasing cache, reset something... nothing is working. Still pops up in status bar every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. Not to mention my battery seems to be having the life sucked out of it much quicker than before...

Delete the music player app. That's what I did and it solved the problem.

Scribbled on my Note 3.

Bo_Gatt

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my update yesterday and have realized that names are not found when searching to send an SMS however if i then go to my phone book they are there. Any ideas ? Tks

foukiya01

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated my phone to 4.3, my notification bar gets hanged. I have to switch off the phone n then use it again. But still it gets hanged. Rebooted my phone but of no use. Please help me out with the issue.

dcdiablo90

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I am not seeing any of the problems I am reading on here, Everything seems okay but one issue I am having. I use folders on my homescreen, and when I open a folder and go to app, get done with the app I am using, press the home key, the folder stays open. It doesn't automatically close like before, I have to press home key again to close folder. It's very annoying, anyone else seeing the same issue?

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a little bit of sluggishness so far, but the one main annoyance I have update the update is that home screen folders do not close after opening an item in the folder. Has anyone else run in to that?

mtiger10

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The only quirk I've found so far is when I connect to my home WiFi network, a notification pops up that "unauthorized access to a secure part of the phone has been blocked"

My WiFi connection is still good and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions other than I have to swipe away the notification.

I did download and install Knox but I immediately uninstalled it when it became clear that exiting Knox mode was kicking me back to TouchWiz UI instead of Nova Launcher.

Did the install/uninstall of Knox solve issue of pesky notifications about security? Getting that notification hourly today

Posted via Android Central App

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Did the install/uninstall of Knox solve issue of pesky notifications about security? Getting that notification hourly today

Posted via Android Central App

Nope! Neither did clearing the data and cache for Knox Notification. Sounds like only a factory data reset will clear it for good. :-(

Tony Miller1

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Loved this phone when I got it, but this update is really frustrating.

- Security warning pops up whenever I connect to WiFi, even after factory reset.
- WiFi randomly disconnects because secure connection is "unstable," though signal strength is excellent.
- Folders remain open on home screen even after app is closed, requiring extra click on home button to clear.
- Battery life dramatically reduced.
- KNOX installed and can't be removed - more bloatware I don't want/need.

This update is short on benefits and long on annoyances. Very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes