Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

waynomo

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

For the record this is not a 4.3 issue. It happens on 4.2.2 also. Looks like it is a music player issue.

skipreid45

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought my battery was terrible before. After the update, it used 4% of the battery to send O N E text. No pic, just plain text. That sounds like
a little too much to me.

jcr3j

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out if you can automatically activate Driving Mode like before the update? You can connect to the "Car" profile, but it doesn't start Driving Mode anymore.

jcr3j

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
On my VZW Galaxy S4, I noticed the "Driving Mode" has totally changed. First, it's called "Hands Free" mode now. Second, it no longer automatically auto-activates when it connects to my car's Bluetooth. In fact, the facility for setting that up is gone now. It's not a deal breaker, but I did find it useful. Has anybody else noticed this?

Any solution on this one?

Stacia A

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I click the green PHONE button, I can not dial anything using the keypad (it is non-responsive) and then I get the "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" error message.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with it popping up what worked for me is I went to the settings menu and select more Then click Application Manager click "all" and scroll down to the Samsung music player click on it and press turn off un select the notifications and force stop. So far that worked.
As best I can tell you can't turn off the Samsung "Music" player app (you can disable "Samsung Music", but that's not the music player app); are you sure that's the one you meant?

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My problem is with the Gallery application: it lags and is terribly slow..almost unusable....tried factory reset but did not work....never had this problem before the 4.3 upgrade...QuickPic works very well and is not affected.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I also am having a problems with the play store.
I can not get it to load..
I know it's been almost a week, so this is probably fixed for you, but in case others encounter it: I had the same problem; after the 4.3 update, there was a notification about the Play Store needing some kind of update, I tapped on that, it went to the Play Store, and it never loaded. But then I restarted the phone again, and it was OK.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's common with these updates to have miscellaneous things broken that were fine before (along with a settling-in period that is likely to cause battery drain for awhile). I haven't seen too many of the problems reported here. I just tried Gallery, for instance, and it actually seems noticeably faster than before.

The one complaint I do have is the one several others here have noted: I use folders on my Home screen to hold quick calls and contacts, and when I tap one and go to Phone or Messaging, then back to Home screen, the folder is still open (and, I think, looks uglier than it used to). I upgraded to the S4 last summer from an earlier Samsung phone running Android 2. In that old OS, this was the standard behavior with Home screen folders, and I was delighted to find that it was no longer so in Android 4.2. And then, having fixed it, they apparently deliberately broke it again! Why, why, why on earth? Yeah, I know, a whole extra second out of my life. But still--why?

As for World clock, it doesn't crash for me--but it did apparently reset to 3 random cities besides my home town, and lose the ones I'd put in before.

ExO_23

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated my S4 to 4.3 yesterday, and like everyone else, I tried out KNOX, which I thought could help me... It turned my life and phone into a nightmare..

I couldn't exit KNOX, and I couldn't type in the browser as well... So I tried rebooting my phone, and I thought, hey, this is going to work... Wrong answer.

I rebooted, and as usual it starts. But it won't. It would go to an empty lockscreen, and then words at the bottom keep popping up "No apps can perform this action", and goes to a somewhat bootloop. It would go to the lockscreen, I couldn't do anything since everything is empty, and then go back to the flashing SAMSUNG logo, then go back to the homescreen, and it goes on and on...

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Dave - I use folders as well. I've been using Nova Launcher for a while and love how it looks and acts. I highly recommend it.
-mk

I suppose it's common with these updates to have miscellaneous things broken that were fine before (along with a settling-in period that is likely to cause battery drain for awhile). I haven't seen too many of the problems reported here. I just tried Gallery, for instance, and it actually seems noticeably faster than before.

The one complaint I do have is the one several others here have noted: I use folders on my Home screen to hold quick calls and contacts, and when I tap one and go to Phone or Messaging, then back to Home screen, the folder is still open (and, I think, looks uglier than it used to). I upgraded to the S4 last summer from an earlier Samsung phone running Android 2. In that old OS, this was the standard behavior with Home screen folders, and I was delighted to find that it was no longer so in Android 4.2. And then, having fixed it, they apparently deliberately broke it again! Why, why, why on earth? Yeah, I know, a whole extra second out of my life. But still--why?

As for World clock, it doesn't crash for me--but it did apparently reset to 3 random cities besides my home town, and lose the ones I'd put in before.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For me the auto brightness doesn't work half as good as previously. I'm not impressed at all with this update. And IMHO, factory data reset should not be the answer. Samsung / Verizon needs to step up and fix their problems.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Dave - I use folders as well. I've been using Nova Launcher for a while and love how it looks and acts. I highly recommend it.
-mk
Thanks, that's a good thought. I know Nova is well-liked by many people here. I'm actually fine with TouchWiz, though maybe that's only because I haven't used anything else. It'll probably take more than this folder issue to make me feel like putting the time into a new launcher. But it definitely could happen.

Thank goodness I saw the warnings here about Knox and didn't install that! I did look at the screen it gives before you download, and it's pretty explicit that the thing will take over your phone and the results may not be to your liking. It sounds like something comparable to a Windows virtual machine on an Android phone. What's not made clear is how hard it is to get rid of it.

Aqib Atcha

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
HI, im from the uk. and updated my galaxy s4 to android 4.3. ever since the update, my phone stutters for 1-2 seconds whilst scrolling like every 2 minutes. is this just my phone problem? i have restarted my phone 5 times and see no difference. is this a general software problem? i am only willing to do a factory reset if this is the definite solution to this problem.

rude medico

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
i updated my samsung galaxy s4 to jelly bean 4.3..after upsating i dint get new wall papers, samsung wallet,camera dint change..only keyboard has changed..please kindly help me wat should i do get complete 4.3 jelly bean..thanks in advance

mesas

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my music player and I tried deleting the data several times as well as stopping the app under manage applications and neither works. After a few minutes, it comes up again. I can't uninstall the app because it's a stock app and that's not available. Any other ideas?

angelaxclark

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue w/ music player popping up constantly.... that's why I am on here trying to find a fix for it... any luck with a fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007