Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

Hi All,

I am new to the Android world, and to this forum so please bear with me
    I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) about 3 months ago and i love it. will never go back.
    I was running Android 4.2.2 and things were beautiful.
    Yesterday i updated to Android 4.3 and since then things have not been so great.
    The phone is slow to respond with swipes, opening apps etc.
    It just seems generally sluggish and slow, bot like before, seems like allot of memory is being used.
    i clear the memory and close open apps, but it doesn't seem to help.

please help
    thank you
    sharon11 likes this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

Ya... after the update to 4.3 my touchwiz home have problem .. and my phone not smooth as b4

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

I'm not seeing the voice to text button on the keyboard anymore. Is anyone else missing that? I have been going through the setting and i'm not seeing it there either.
    Lone Wolf

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

For slow and sluggish, factory data reset.
    Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3

I am rooted on 4.2.2 using the Xposed Framework. After seeing all the issues on 4.3, I will not be updating. This update seems very rushed. Not much benefit in my opinion. I'll wait for the next 4.3 build.

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1814 View Post
    I am rooted on 4.2.2 using the Xposed Framework. After seeing all the issues on 4.3, I will not be updating. This update seems very rushed. Not much benefit in my opinion. I'll wait for the next 4.3 build.
    Rushed? It took them 3 months to update while others got it in less than 2 months. Everyone who got the VZW update yesterday said the lag is completely gone...
    Thanked by:
    skidoo 

I haven't experienced any major issues yet since updating earlier, and I've been using the phone heavily all morning. I think some people tend to forget that most OS updates have a brief shakedown period. Short of boot loops, bricking, major functionality issues, any little glitches or lags in the first few days might simply be normal settling in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mine is running extremely smooth and fast.
    Verizon
    Thanked by:
    skidoo 

On my VZW Galaxy S4, I noticed the "Driving Mode" has totally changed. First, it's called "Hands Free" mode now. Second, it no longer automatically auto-activates when it connects to my car's Bluetooth. In fact, the facility for setting that up is gone now. It's not a deal breaker, but I did find it useful. Has anybody else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by chaszone View Post
    I'm not seeing the voice to text button on the keyboard anymore. Is anyone else missing that? I have been going through the setting and i'm not seeing it there either.
    Make sure you have the latest version of Google search app installed.

🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by chaszone View Post
    Make sure that whatever screen you're currently on does NOT have a voice-to-text icon anywhere on the screen. If it does, then it's not going to be on the keyboard as well as it would be redundant. A good example would be Google Search or the Chrome omnibox.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Make sure you have the latest version of Google search app installed.

������
    JACKPOT!
    Thank you. I had disabled it when I was having battery issues.

Thanks again!

I am having a texting issue.
    When i try to put in persons name it is coming up with a email address and not there phone #.
    How can I fix this.

Thanks,
    15 Years of Verizon Contracts

Audiovox 405 -> Kyocerya 2035 -> Kyocera 3035 -> Nokia 3589i -> Nokia 6256i -> LG EnV2 -> LG Dare -> LG Versa -> Droid OG -> Droid X2>Samsung Galaxy S4

I am having similar issues with text messages. In fact most of my contacts do not show up in the recipient list at all. Any help ??

I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bojowaggie View Post
    I am having a texting issue.
    When i try to put in persons name it is coming up with a email address and not there phone #.
    How can I fix this.

Thanks,
    I was having the same issue, reboot your phone, should be good to go.
    Thanked by 2:

My issue is with my Hotmail. After the update my fonts while typing an email are now small and cant be increased. Also my signature is ridiculously small now. When I adjust the font size it increases everything in email except for what I'm typing.

Any ideas on a fix?

The only quirk I've found so far is when I connect to my home WiFi network, a notification pops up that "unauthorized access to a secure part of the phone has been blocked"

My WiFi connection is still good and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions other than I have to swipe away the notification.

I did download and install Knox but I immediately uninstalled it when it became clear that exiting Knox mode was kicking me back to TouchWiz UI instead of Nova Launcher.

atkichr likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

it seems all my issues and sluggishness was fixed with the factory reset.
    not sure if it will help and i know its a pain, but its always nice to start fresh with a new version of the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Cull View Post
    it seems all my issues and sluggishness was fixed with the factory reset.
    not sure if it will help and i know its a pain, but its always nice to start fresh with a new version of the OS.
    I'm new to droid, what will I lose when I do this, everything except contacts? I know this will sound stupid but being with Apple for 4 yrs it was all I knew. So is there a way to back up your pics and docs on a PC prior to a reset so you can reinstall after? Of is there an app that with back up stuff like that? My music and camera pics are on my micro sd card so should I remove the card prior to a reboot and reinstall after?

Sorry people, like I said, Apple is all I ever had prior to my S4, thanks
    moemulroy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hogan519 View Post
    I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.
    Mine did that, too. I deleted all the data in that app and that fixed it.
    I'm also getting an intermittent error code from TuneWiki.
    Thanked by 2:

I also am having a problems with the play store.
    I can not get it to load..
    15 Years of Verizon Contracts

Audiovox 405 -> Kyocerya 2035 -> Kyocera 3035 -> Nokia 3589i -> Nokia 6256i -> LG EnV2 -> LG Dare -> LG Versa -> Droid OG -> Droid X2>Samsung Galaxy S4

thunderbunder16: Thanks for your reply. I deleted the data and so far I haven't had anymore issues.

Quote Originally Posted by hogan519 View Post
    Having the exact same issue. Tried force stopping app, erasing cache, reset something... nothing is working. Still pops up in status bar every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. Not to mention my battery seems to be having the life sucked out of it much quicker than before...

I upgraded my S4 to Android 4.3 and when I try to look up a phone number in contacts in the phone mode it crashes. I get error message saying contacts has stopped working.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast