cracked galaxy s4 need advice on either fixing it or replacing it!

Clintpainter49

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, My name is Clint Painter and am I long time reader on the forum, so I dropped my Verizon Galaxy s4 the other day and it cracked the screen pretty good. The digitizer is still intact as the phone can still be used and responds. I have seen online that you can buy replacement glass, but am wary because theyre not samsung parts so I dont want to lose quality. I have also read reviews on them and many people complain about fitment or quality. Theres a kiosk in the mall that fixes phone screens but when they do it they replace the digitizer and display with it. When I was looking at parts online they come with the glass, digitizer, and lcd screen; my question is, the galaxy has an OLED screen not an lcd so would I be losing quality by having the guy at the mall fix it with replacement parts from amazon/ebay or wherever he gets his parts being the online descriptions say lcd rather than OLED. My last option would be to replace the phone entirely by buying a brand new one (no insurance) but my worry with that is my current phone is still on the original ME7 build number which is currently rooted and has Hyperdrive rom. If I buy a new phone would I be able to root it on the current build version and restore all of my custom rom, apps, data, and TWRP recovery or would I be stuck with the stock rom.

Basically, heres my options:

Replace just the glass myself and risk the glass quality and fitment issue - $15
Have the mall guy replace the glass, digitizer, and LCD with the risk of the LCD not being the OEM OLED quality screen - $300
Buy a new Galaxy s4 from verizon and risk being able to get all of my root/recovery/rom/data onto the new phone. - $700

What do you guys think help me out here!!

Clint Painter