Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    caiocesarja's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Root gt-9505 without computer

    Hi,

    There's a way to root Gt-i9505 I'm android 4.2. 2 unbranded without computer?

    I'm having issue with USB connection ( it only charges, believe I already tried everything)

    So I thought it was my root and Unrooted using supersu app, and now the only way I think is possible to return to stock rom is rooting again and flashing trough mobile Odin !

    Thanks and pleaaaasee help!

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by caiocesarja View Post
    Hi,

    There's a way to root Gt-i9505 I'm android 4.2. 2 unbranded without computer?

    I'm having issue with USB connection ( it only charges, believe I already tried everything)

    So I thought it was my root and Unrooted using supersu app, and now the only way I think is possible to return to stock rom is rooting again and flashing trough mobile Odin !

    Thanks and pleaaaasee help!

    Posted via Android Central App
    So, are you trying to return to stock firmware or root it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    caiocesarja's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    I would like to return to stock, but my usb isn't connecting to pc!

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    ladyhaly's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    I believe people do that with their Nandroid backup. It will still be rooted.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by caiocesarja View Post
    I would like to return to stock, but my usb isn't connecting to pc!

    Posted via Android Central App
    What ladyhaly said, did you make a backup of your phone after you rooted it? That would unroot it completely and return you to stock
  6. #6  
    HPferoxCraft's Avatar

    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    What ladyhaly said, did you make a backup of your phone after you rooted it? That would unroot it completely and return you to stock
    It would return it to the point you made the nandroid, it's not going to unroot it though.

    "Just posting my thoughts. Not an expert. Please search, read and make backups."
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by HPferoxCraft View Post
    It would return it to the point you made the nandroid, it's not going to unroot it though.

    "Just posting my thoughts. Not an expert. Please search, read and make backups."
    You're right. My bad, I was thinking of flashing stock firmware XD Disregard that...
    Bree Hackett likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    caiocesarja's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Thanks for the reply, I think the only way out will be taking to technical assistance!

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by caiocesarja View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I think the only way out will be taking to technical assistance!

    Posted via Android Central App
    O_o They're just going to say it's your fault for tampering with the software. Is there a Best Buy or something like that you can go to? Since they're not the ones covering your phone they shouldn't mind if you messed it up and are more likely to help
  10. #10  
    davy4475's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by caiocesarja View Post
    I would like to return to stock, but my usb isn't connecting to pc!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Did u try *#0808#

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Quote Originally Posted by davy4475 View Post
    Did u try *#0808#

    Posted via Android Central App
    You just told him to do this lmao
  12. #12  
    davy4475's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You just told him to do this lmao
    I just told him to type *#0808# to access usb setting so he can change it to mtp to his laptop will recognise his phone lmao

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    caiocesarja's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Root gt-9505 without computer

    Yes already did, nothing happens.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading to 4.3 while rooted
    By carzaddict in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
  2. AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 16gb White +extras (rooted)
    By galpdawg in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
  3. Unlock Mobile Hotspot in AT&T S4 - not rooted
    By Brandon32 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM
  4. I found a weird method of rooting the Nexus 7
    By CoolGuy AwesomeGuy in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 05:37 AM
  5. Remove the root? so app is working?
    By Rc Kc in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

";