Samsung Galaxy S4 - Briefing alarm issue

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I started using the briefing alarm last week, and every morning it plays the same news story. Something about towns having war machinery, but it's exactly the same every day. If there a way to refresh the news story?

Posted via Android Central App

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I started using the briefing alarm last week, and every morning it plays the same news story. Something about towns having war machinery, but it's exactly the same every day. If there a way to refresh the news story?

Posted via Android Central App

I had this same issue. Very few responses to help when I posted the same question. I finally just did a factory reset. And what I noticed when the first time ever setting a briefing alarm it gives you a choice of how often to refresh news stories. I chose 2 hours. Since initially choosing I've not seen where I could change that setting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Saeran Maniparathy

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I know it's been awhile since this thread started but I've had the same problem and finally found the solution! For the briefing alarm to show up-to-date information you must put the Weather and Yahoo News Widget, on one of your home screens. Then go into the Yahoo News app, hit the menu button, go into settings, and set the auto-update interval to a interval of your desire. Now you'll have up to date news and weather!! :)
This drove me crazy, hearing the same story every morning for months. Now it's finally fixed. Hope that helps!!