From Galaxy S to Galaxy S4

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S4 last week but I'm having a hard time re installing my app data from my Galaxy S. I am not trying to install any system settings, just app data. I have an app called Fuel Log which I purchased opp the Google play site last year, and I have added a lot of info regarding my 3 vehicles. By info I mean gas fill-ups, repairs and so on. I uploaded the backup from my Galaxy S to cloud, and downloaded it to my S4 after installing Fuel Log (I'm using Titanium Backup). I get a message saying that the backup has been restored, but it hasn't. Instead I'm getting this annoying security message saying I should update my security policy. When trying to do so, I get the message "update failed due to network issues".
Can somebody please help me???

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
When you are saying 'backup' are you referring to the app itself OR when you were in that app on your other phone you backed up its data through the apps backup function in its settings menu?
Does the app itself install fine on the s4.
If so, go into the app and in its settings hit backup. This may (even if there's nothing to backup) create a backup folder in the apps program file. At least see if it lists where it stores it's backup.
Now use a file explore and navigate to that location and paste your original backup there. Then run the restore function in your fuel app and see if that restores the data.
I have a few apps I have to do this for, even though I restore app + data with TB I'll still have to insert backups separately.
Hope that all made sense and hope it works for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip but this won't work. The app itself (Fuell log)backs up all data to external SD card as a .csv file -but this function didn't work on my Galaxy S (I contacted the developer about it, but he did not respond)
So I used TB to back up all my app data. I did not back up the apps -only the app data (recomended when migrating).

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well shoot, had my fingers crossed for you.
I wonder if when TB backed up the data it backed up your app settings and not the info you added to the app.
Can it all install back on your other phone OK? Or is that phone gone now.
I hope you find an answer.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Titanium Backup usually needs root access for all of those things... The only thing I can think of is for you to manually look for the csv file or the entire app directory and transfer it to your S4 within the similar or necessary folder/s for the app.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung S works like a charm, so reinstalling the app is no problem.
But like I mentioned earlier, the app wouldn't save the data like it was supposed to - so there is no .csv file to look for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463