Stopping the S4 (i9505) from lowering screen brightness at 5% battery?

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a 7500mAh extended battery for my S4 (i9505) and even the final 5% of battery lasts for a long time.

However, the default behavior for the i9505 is to dim the screen (to the lowest setting it appears) when the battery reaches 5%.

The volume bar disappears from the notification tray and you can no longer adjust the brightness in Settings.

How can I stop this behavior?

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure but try to go to Settings > My Device > Power Saving Mode and uncheck Screen Power Saving. This should theoretically prevent your screen from dimming when it gets to 5 percent battery now. But I haven't tried it out as I don't have a 7500 mah extended battery for my S4. Would you mind telling us where you bought it? I'd like to get one.

pa3ydyzu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure but try to go to Settings > My Device > Power Saving Mode and uncheck Screen Power Saving. This should theoretically prevent your screen from dimming when it gets to 5 percent battery now. But I haven't tried it out as I don't have a 7500 mah extended battery for my S4. Would you mind telling us where you bought it? I'd like to get one.

<screeshot snipped>

I have no Power Saving options enabled.

Here is a link to the battery.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link!

The only other solution I can think of is to have an app that will override the system's screen brightness controller. Like Lux, for instance. Again, I am not sure if it will work, but they have a free Lite version so I guess it can be worth a try?

April Ballard

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this infuriating problem? I just cannot for the life of me comprehend why Android would completely remove the ability to adjust MY brightness settings on MY phone regardless of what MY battery percentage is. Why would they care if my battery drains at lightning speed because my screen is 100% brightened?? And what's worse, the phone is practically useless when it does auto diim because it is ridiculously dark. What were they thinking??? It is crap just like this that caused me to switch to Android from Apple and all of their tight control over users and their devices. I tried downloading other apps that control brightness, but have had no luck.My phone is rooted.. Please, someone, tell me there is a fix for this frustrating and asinine problem that causes me to hate Android with a passion about once a day....

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!

Actually there are more (Newer apps) that this provider wrote...

just search for screendim at the playstore and the first item's first page gives three other apps that do the same thing. I just chose to DL the screendim (free) Root version and it does all that I want (so Far)

Great post!
Aloha!:cool:

vickgaminghd

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a 7500mAh extended battery for my S4 (i9505) and even the final 5% of battery lasts for a long time.

However, the default behavior for the i9505 is to dim the screen (to the lowest setting it appears) when the battery reaches 5%.

The volume bar disappears from the notification tray and you can no longer adjust the brightness in Settings.

How can I stop this behavior?
Root your device and get yourself RootDim[root]. It totally works.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It does that to give you a chance to finish what you are doing and turn the phone off or plug in a charger. Li batteries do not like to be discharged too far and the phone will cut it off before that happens. It is not good to run that battery completely dead!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay