Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.3

thanks panda..
    it works on my phone..

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.3

Thank you!!!

Had the same problem this week for no apparent reason except maybe a windows update. Followed some advice from the web forums nothing worked. Cracked them, pulled the battery fpr a hard reboot and whalla!! it works. So my advice is if you haven't already pull the battery and see how it goes. Cheers

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.3

Thanks for posting that - I was searching all over the phone menu thinking I had accidently changed something. Worked like a charm!

using usb cable provided by Samsung worked thanks

Not sure if anyone figured it all out. Use the cord that came with your phone. I was using a different Micro/USB cord and when I used the Galaxy S4 cord that came with my phone... ta-da! No extra apps, no developer mode. Plug it in, the USB symbols appears in Notifications bar. Pull down, tap it and choose either Mass Transfer or Photo Transfer.

Awesome! It worked. Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.3

thank you very much for the help i changed my service provider from tmobile to cricket 4 months ago and i was unable to physically go in to my phone a get my pictures ...i would have to email them to myself "FOR 4 MONTHS" and thanks to you it was resolved in seconds ....i'am sorry but i have to say it....."YOU THE MAN"......thank you

Here's something that worked for me. I didn't see it mentioned in this thread.

Dial ##366633#
    Disable DM Mode

Guys i was facing the same problem...
    There is how I figured it out...
    Open dial pad
    Dial tha code : *#0808#
    A window will pop up.
    Now if your phone is set up to other options other than MTP + ADB then choose this option.
    Now after this there will be another option showing CP or AP....choose option CP and press OK then reboot....
    After reboot your PC will recognize your phone and the read and write speed will be increased very much.
    BTW I am using lollipop 5.01 and m using AT and T model SGH-I337.

The code *#0808# brought me to a USB menu. I selected MTP+ADB. When I plugged my phone into the USB port the driver installed (correctly this time) and the USB symbol appeared on my notification bar. Opened "My computer" and the phone showed as a device! I was able to transfer photos off the phone to my PC! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy s4 ATT i337 connected to Win7 PC

I dialed the code *#0808# . Brought me to a USB menu. I selected MTP+ADB. When I plugged my phone into the USB port the driver installed (correctly this time) and the USB symbol appeared on my notification bar. Opened "My computer" and the phone showed as a device! I was able to transfer photos off the phone to my PC! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy s4 ATT i337 connected to Win7 PC

thank you so much i have spent weeks pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem i have just followed your instuctions very strictly and now my problem is resolved i cant thank you enough

Good work. Really Helped Me.

Hi,
    I'm just correct this issue with this code on my s4 in version 5.0.1 : *#8080# , i define MTP+ADB reboot, now recognize on my windows 10 with a lot of usb cable.
    Thanks

Hi, I rebooted my phone as you instructed but when I connected my phone to the laptop with the usb cable, nothing happened =( My S 4 is 4.4.2. Please help me! =(

Cool Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.4

Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB
    for Android version 4.4 solution is ...
    need disable DM option on hiden menu ...
    Open the keyboard and enter
    ## 366633 # is enabling download mode (allowing ports to open for modem)
    i when selected another option DISABLE DM and problem solved

Made no difference for me. Still doesn't see the phone. Also tried the suggestion for *#0808#. Doesn't bring up a USB menu.

I'm confirming this. Switching the cable to original cable really worked. Managed to solve both my floating notification problem and usb connectivity problem. Thanks
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567