pop up apps of the week

Nicole36

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Almost every time I go into message I get a pop up for top apps of the week. How do I stop this from happening

Posted via Android Central App

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You may have an app that is making that happen. However, we don?t know what that app or component is that you need to remove because the information provided to us is insufficient to determine that.

More information would be helpful such as -

When did this start happening?
What app can you remember downloading before this started happening?
What sort of pop up ads are appearing?
Are you using the stock messaging app?
Do you have any antivirus protection installed?
Did you install any third party apps not from the Google Play Store?
By top apps of the week, is that from the Google Play Store or some other website/store?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that sounds like an ad. It's either from your messenger if it's a 3rd party one, or from a recently installed probably free app.

"Just posting my thoughts. Not an expert. Please search, read and make backups."

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
No doubt some app is causing this behavior. The easiest (and most informative) way to discover which one is to use an app like Addons Detector (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector), which will survey your phone and tell you which apps are using which kind of add-on technique, including push notification ads and icon ads. Lookout Ad Network Detector (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector) will show which apps are using which ad networks, which at least gives an idea which apps are most determined about giving ads.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon