Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s4 galaxy crash after software download

My s4 completely crashed. Downloaded the new software this morning now phone is dead. Worked for a few hours then screen went black n phone died. Took battery out n that didn't help. Plugged in charger n screen shows battery w a circle in it but nothing moving. What now???

Default Re: s4 galaxy crash after software download

Send it to repair center and claim your warranty. We obviously can't do anything with it as we aren't Samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wow. That was quite enlightening

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy crackcornx View Post
    My s4 completely crashed. Downloaded the new software this morning now phone is dead. Worked for a few hours then screen went black n phone died. Took battery out n that didn't help. Plugged in charger n screen shows battery w a circle in it but nothing moving. What now???
    It's apparently responding if you're able to see that. Try keeping it plugged in and restart it. If that doesn't help come back and describe exactly what you can do with the phone - if you can start it up, whether you can see the home page, etc.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

I have the exact same issue. Verizons says they need to replace the device!

Have you found any fix yet?

Mine has done the samething. I called verizon then they patched me through to samsung. An hour later it is fixed after a hard reset. I basically wiped my phone and saved nothing. i took my microsd out before hand and i still have nothing no pictures numbers...ect... phone is like brand new straight from the box. The informed me if it freezes and crashes again to call and samsung will replace it, not verizon its a samsung issue apparently.

Yikes sounds like the software update might have soft bricked the phone. You might be able to hard reset it as the previous posters mentioned by pressing volume up+ home+ power all at the same time and going into recovery. If that doesn't work I would contact Samsung to have them repair the phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

how to recover htc crashed software it jst only shows htc quietly brilliant on white screen. and now i cannot recover or reboot it

Unrelated to update, sometimes when battery is dead or battery stats scrambled after a crash, it is simply just difficult to get started charging initially. Try leaving it plugged in with screen off for awhile. If you've got another battery or can recharge the battery outside the phone, try that.

If you can get phone restarted, you've got more options for backup and troubleshooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Upon downloading the new kitkat software my s4 refused to even install it about 20 times until the battery ran out. it finally installed with the charger connected. Since then it crashes nearly every 30 mins. Only way to get it working is to plug the charger back in.. piece of s#@t!